Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 03-02-2012, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one other Jeep and I try to go to Jackson tomorrow to go wheeling. Is anyone down to go. We would want at least one more Jeep.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Made my first ever purchase in an actual harbor freight store today! Newly opened store near me in huntington! Got a nice floor jack, and tons of little stuff. You should have seen all the guys in there at 8am walking around drooling. Funny.

Sent from me to you
Old 03-03-2012, 04:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Made my first ever purchase in an actual harbor freight store today! Newly opened store near me in huntington! Got a nice floor jack, and tons of little stuff. You should have seen all the guys in there at 8am walking around drooling. Funny.

Sent from me to you

How much was the floor jack... ?

and does it work well ??
Old 03-03-2012, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

I'll have to check it out next time im there.

Originally Posted by adamisadam

Sent from me to you
Old 03-03-2012, 09:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joey2times
How much was the floor jack... ?

and does it work well ??
I got the 2 ton steel jack that lifts from a low 2.25"-23"! I would have preferred the 3 ton, but it only went up to I think it was 20". And starting at 2.25" is the lowest, making it a great jack for my next sports car as well as the jeep.
It was on sale for $129. The 3 ton was only $89. I added the 2 year warranty because they allow a replacement even if the jack is still working properly. So in 2 years, I just bring it back for the new model. Go figure!

It's still in the box. Busy day.

Sent from me to you

Sent from me to you
Old 03-04-2012, 04:32 AM
JK Super Freak

I go to the HF in BayShore.. The day it opened was a made house. They have coupons in the sunday paper that make already ridiculous prices even less. The stuff they make is.. usable, but by no means high quality.

I just bought a 4" stationary belt sander which got the job done, but the side table is flimsy and getting set to a solid 90 degrees is impossible. Seems like it will last and I did get the warranty, which I usually skip.

I am fine with HF non-critical stuff.. sockets, zip ties, storage bins, tow straps and stuff, air tool supplies.. but anything that is safety related I spend the few extra bucks for a name brand.

Just about finished with a set of home made mirror relocation brackets!!
Old 03-04-2012, 04:23 PM
JK Freak

Any long islanders free monday to help out with running a couple wires from the rear gate up to the front seat area? im not real good with hooking up fog lights and such. offcourse the beer and pizza will be on me
Old 03-04-2012, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where and when? Never done this stuff, but would like to learn and help.

-FD
Old 03-04-2012, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where and when?

Would like to help, never did wiring.

-FD
Old 03-04-2012, 08:40 PM
JK Super Freak

B&M cooler installed today...

Also put in JKS disconnects...

I honestly feel like things are a little tighter upfront right now...

I didn't really really drive a whole lot but it felt like things were a smoother... I don't know...

its prob just the placebo effect...

but maybe I had a bent or F'ed up swaybar link? and thats where the loose feeling was ??

The JKS are greaseable, but the trailmaster ones were rusted and hit with lithium sometimes but squeeked a lot... also one of the bolts (driver side lower bolt) was seized to the point where the bolt stripped out while trying to undo them... and then after a whole lotta work I Was able to get enough grunt on em to sheer the bolt and pull it out thank god... otherwise I would have 2 different swaybar links in right now hahahahhaha

only a very little bit of fluid came out of the tranny line when I cut it... and I didn't add any with the cooler in line... I drove it home and temps stayed low/even to where they are supposed to be... and I will check after a work commute to make sure levels are ok... I am going to assume they are going to be a little low so I will likely add a little bit to make up for it... but we will see...

I used the zips with the kit instead of the brackets cus I didn't want to drill into anything and didn't really have any power tools...

Got to use the tools I bought finally and it was nice to have soo many options with everything... and not be searching for what may fit may work... pretty happy with them so far...

I was shocked at how easy it was to get the front grill off... I am going to be putting in the mesh/gutter screen stuff next weekend and prob putting in clear lights up front... I really like the idea of the clear running lights that turn yellow or red flashing with blinkers... they are made by some LED company I need to look into it more... I think they are just plug and play... would look sharp I think...

Also going to paint some shit when it gets warmer... this saturday would have been a good time but I didn't really think about it till it was too late... I been thinking about going red and black... but I feel like its soo typical... yea it does look good but its def the common place... I don't know if I can get down with Yellow on black... though it would be slightly different... Orange on black would be a bit too Halloween for me... but my girl would love it because Orange is her favorite color... I was thinking of doing lime green neon grave digger style hahaha but thats a bit too too flash for me... hahaha I know half of you guys are prob laughing reading this like who gives a fuck what color :flame: but some of you understand that looks count for something too

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY