Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 02-29-2012, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikekiM
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound pretentious, but I would rather buy all the passes and not have to think about which once covers what..
Your probably right, i think im just gonna go ahead and do that so this way when im out i wont have to worry about if i can or cant go to a certain place, all bases are covered. Thanks for all the info again, it really helped : )
Old 02-29-2012, 02:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Drayko88
Your probably right, i think im just gonna go ahead and do that so this way when im out i wont have to worry about if i can or cant go to a certain place, all bases are covered. Thanks for all the info again, it really helped : )
prob guna do the same thing...
Old 02-29-2012, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joey2times

You do not sound pretentious at all man... with the amount of solid good hearted advice you give out... and the way you offer up insight and good questions in discussion I don't see how anyone could take it that way hahaha

and for the record I totally understand...
And i agree with everything joey said aswell, you definitly dont sound pretentious and your nothing but helpful : )
Old 03-01-2012, 02:30 AM
JK Super Freak

So with all the chatter about the beach and with warm weather coming, does anyone want a set of front Bestop Soft Doors with uppers? They half doors, super light and easy to put on. Great if you want to run almost doorless and provide some barrier for wind and elements.

I bought them from a real nice Jeeper Chick during the summer and fell in love with half doors, but my wife wants something more substantial. New they are close to $450, and these are as new as they get! A few scratches on the glass from transporting but otherwise perfect. $300.. I have them listed in the ForSale forum.

Also, I am considering changing my side armor.. I have the Smittybilt SRC side armor which is a step & slider and might decide to sell them or trade for something else.

Let me know if you interest!!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Time for some more questions....

C-Gussets and Sleeves...

Suggestions ??

I don't want to break the bank... and I will be having Evan do the work

Thinking this is not a far off option as its relatively cheap and is a big + to protection...

Also I would prob do Control Arm Skids up front as well... why not....
Old 03-01-2012, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=

Also, I am considering changing my side armor.. I have the Smittybilt SRC side armor which is a step & slider and might decide to sell them or trade for something else.

Let me know if you interest!![/QUOTE]

if you decide to sell these can you post pictures, id definitly be interested
Old 03-01-2012, 07:41 AM
JK Super Freak

So with all the chatter about the beach and with warm weather coming, does anyone want a set of front Bestop Soft Doors with uppers? They half doors, super light and easy to put on. Great if you want to run almost doorless and provide some barrier for wind and elements.

I bought them from a real nice Jeeper Chick during the summer and fell in love with half doors, but my wife wants something more substantial. New they are close to $450, and these are as new as they get! A few scratches on the glass from transporting but otherwise perfect. $300.. I have them listed in the ForSale forum.

Let me know if you interest!!

its just the fronts right??

I am interested but I have so many stupid projects going on hahaha I gotta see what my $$ look like...

Also those side rails.. if you decide to sell I might have an interest too.... Pictures always help 2 door or 4 door ?
I think you have a 2 door so it wouldn't work anyway... but always interested hahah
Old 03-02-2012, 02:23 PM
JK Newbie

wow I guess I opened up a can of worms with these passes, but thats good if you're going fishing, you need worms lol.

So my empire pass I bought sucks, but I'll be sure to put it to good use.

Guess I'll be looking into the Fishing permit and pack some collapseable fishing rods in the back
Old 03-02-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by joey2times

its just the fronts right??

I am interested but I have so many stupid projects going on hahaha I gotta see what my $$ look like...

Also those side rails.. if you decide to sell I might have an interest too.... Pictures always help 2 door or 4 door ?
I think you have a 2 door so it wouldn't work anyway... but always interested hahah
Looks like the doors are gone... I am trading them for a set of Rugged Ridge Half Doors.. Exactly what I wanted. But, yes...just the fronts. I have a two door. There is a set for JKU listed in the For Sale forum..

If you want a set of the same rails for a JKU look up McGuyver.. He's local LI and he was talking about changing rails..

Originally Posted by newyork
wow I guess I opened up a can of worms with these passes, but thats good if you're going fishing, you need worms lol.
I've been around this forum for years and we go through the beach permit thing as often as we do the "where can wheel on LI" question!

Last edited by MikekiM; 03-02-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you want a set of the same rails for a JKU look up McGuyver.. He's local LI and he was talking about changing rails..
thanks ill look him up : ), when i asked originally i totally forgot to check if you had a 2dr or 4dr lol oops

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY