Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 02-10-2012, 04:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evan631
Thanks guys. I will do some research on the permits, etc.

As for the portable aircompressor; what would you recommend? The '11 JKU has a built in 110 outlet...would i be able to get a compressor for that?
I started with a compressor that plugged to the accessory outlet and quickly ditched it. Actually, it was my family, tired of waiting to fill up, that pushed me to get something better. Switched to an MV-50, mounted under-hood. Adding remote pick-ups over the next few weeks. Easy and faster fill-ups. Lots of options that are even faster, but the MV-50 is a good balance between speed, efficiency and cost.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

So I ran into a problem today. I want to buy 15 inch rims with 35/12.5/15....simple enough right? Well I was wrong. My 2 tire choices and on back order without a time frame of when they well be back. reason I want 35 is I've got a 2.5 tf lift on with bushwhackers. Now has anyone run something similar with 33s and not regret going to 35s?
Old 02-12-2012, 05:41 AM
JK Newbie

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone here on Long Island is heading to Rausch Creek on March 31st for their open house??....They are gonna have guided trail rides on the green and blue trails....
Old 02-12-2012, 05:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bluhawk99
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone here on Long Island is heading to Rausch Creek on March 31st for their open house??....They are gonna have guided trail rides on the green and blue trails....

I would be down....
Old 02-12-2012, 05:53 AM
JK Newbie

Cool, I'm heading up friday night with my son and staying at the Comfort inn ....I'll keep ya posted when we get closer
Old 02-12-2012, 02:06 PM
JK Newbie

Facebook page about the trip

http://www.facebook.com/events/32568...5683160799571/
Old 02-12-2012, 05:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bluhawk99

Nice... My girl comes home from Hawaii on the 30th, so I would be picking her up, swinging by her place getting more stuff and heading there... I usually stay at the Hampton inn rather then the comfort... the rooms are a little bit more expensive overall but the rooms/staff are a hell of a lot nicer in my opinion... either way they are like a building over so I'm sure the whole crew will be down for some tailgate style rocking out in the parking lots Saturday night...

I will know more in a week or so if its 100%
Old 02-16-2012, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default hey guys

hey guys, im a new jeeper on L.I., just thought id through you all a wave. i havent been wheeling in a few years (used to hit the beaches alot in my old explorer). anyone know any good places to 4x4 on the island besides democrat point and sore thumb, or anywhere else in the upstate NY or Penn area.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2012JKUnlimitedBlack
hey guys, im a new jeeper on L.I., just thought id through you all a wave. i havent been wheeling in a few years (used to hit the beaches alot in my old explorer). anyone know any good places to 4x4 on the island besides democrat point and sore thumb, or anywhere else in the upstate NY or Penn area.
Welcome.
Other than beaches, there's no where to legally wheel on LI. Search this topic in this thread for more info. Google rausch creek in PA. Also look up jeep jamboree usa.com to do a jamboree event next year. Pricey but a great experience, especially for beginners. Note that events go on sale in december and sell out in days, so plan accordingly.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Welcome.
Other than beaches, there's no where to legally wheel on LI. Search this topic in this thread for more info. Google rausch creek in PA. Also look up jeep jamboree usa.com to do a jamboree event next year. Pricey but a great experience, especially for beginners. Note that events go on sale in december and sell out in days, so plan accordingly.
thanks for the info. im gonna see about taking raush creeks 101 course in april and see how i like the place and ill definitly be hitting jamboree next year. i cant believe how fast it and all the other jeep events sell out
thanks again

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY