Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 02-05-2012, 04:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 09jaykay
Looks like he will be doing my gussets and LCA skid plates when i get 35's.any ideas for prices for something like this?
Not sure cause I always go there with a laundry list, so price at the end of the day is one number that I'm happy with.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking Lot Damage!!

Out shopping with the wife and sons yesterday. When I was loading stuff into the JKU at Costco I noticed the spot welds on the inside of my tailgate looked a little off. Upon further looking, I found that someone had hit my spare tire causing the carrier to crack (asked my mechanic to price a replacement) and creased the tailgate (no other visible damage). WTF, I have had the JKU for less than a month.

Thanks... just had to vent a bit.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gman72762
Out shopping with the wife and sons yesterday. When I was loading stuff into the JKU at Costco I noticed the spot welds on the inside of my tailgate looked a little off. Upon further looking, I found that someone had hit my spare tire causing the carrier to crack (asked my mechanic to price a replacement) and creased the tailgate (no other visible damage). WTF, I have had the JKU for less than a month.

Thanks... just had to vent a bit.
Would hate to see the damage on the other car. Just imagine that

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2012, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Please somebody buy my trail cover! I cant believe nobody wants it! Like new, $50 clams!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RED9BULL
Please somebody buy my trail cover! I cant believe nobody wants it! Like new, $50 clams!

I responded to your prior plea with a request for a link to what you have.. I may be interested in it.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone here interested in rugged ridge mirror relocation brackets? Hope for a local long island sale...20$. Pm if interested....
Old 02-07-2012, 05:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mcguyver
Anyone here interested in rugged ridge mirror relocation brackets? Hope for a local long island sale...20$. Pm if interested....
Just the brackets ? or they come with teh door hole plug thing too ??

What finish ?

Thanks,
Old 02-08-2012, 02:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by joey2times
Just the brackets ? or they come with teh door hole plug thing too ??
I removed my stock mirrors for doors-off use and rather than try to buy the door-hole-plug-thingy (which I heard were like $50 from RR) I bought a magnet sheet like what is used to make refrigerator magnets and then found a few 4" round stickers.. there are tons. Apply sticker to magnet and magnet to door.. Done. I have a few "Life is Good" stickers and two sets of Gears of War that are pretty cool.. Cost was about $10.

Hmmmm.. I should post this in the Low Cost Mods thread..
Old 02-08-2012, 02:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Default The Fat Lady has finished singing. The Jeep Wave is.. Officially dead

Followed this nice looking CJ from the far south shore all the way up Rte 135 and off at Jericho Tpke..

It was a woman driving and yes.. she put her makeup on in the rear view mirror, but not a whole lot of makeup. If you took my truck, painted it white, beat it up a little and rolled back the model year it would be this CJ, so we had some commonality. She had an LIOR windshield sticker so I assume she was a Jeeper, not just a Jeep owner. I noticed it as I left my house yesterday and we stuck together on the ride to work. You would think that after following each other almost door-to-door and having similar mods that as we parted company we would get a wave? A thumbs up? A nod?

Nadda. Nope. Nothing.

I keep trying to a get a wave back but the LI Jeep community doesn't get it anymore. There are a few Jeepers I see locally who I know will wave, but it's like one-in-a-hundred... Sad.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah same happens when I've tried. I just got my first Jeep but even when I owned a mini Cooper I got a wave. Thought it would be the same in my Jeep, only really works with some cherokees and older cjs.

So have anyone picked up their beach permit yet? I'm thinking at the end of the month I'll grab mine. There's a few beaches I want to make it out to this season

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY