Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 01-14-2009, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey snickterp nice color good luck with the new ride , you going to wheel that thing or what? real nice
Old 01-14-2009, 04:06 PM
JK Super Freak

sweet color i like it you should stop by the ateam meetings sometime
Old 01-14-2009, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys. I had originally wanted an older TJ since they came in orange for a couple years. They're pretty much almost impossible to find. But once i found out the JK's were coming in the color for 09, I knew I had to get myself one of them. It's all muddy already since the second day I had it. Hit up a nice messy spot out east to break her in just a lil
Old 01-15-2009, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Now you just need to take the doors off and the top down and she will be all broken in!
Old 01-15-2009, 12:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ChevyM14
Now you just need to take the doors off and the top down and she will be all broken in!
x2
Old 01-18-2009, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hell yea...I just wish it was a bit warmer out. Although every time I hear it's gonna snow it makes me smile.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't remember if I posted in this thread when I picked up my `09 Sunburst Orange Rubi Unlimited on Thanksgiving weekend, so I'll post now and then be able to read the banter.

I LOVE the doors off in the snowstorm shot!

Hey, you guys all know that May 9th is national TOPLESS day, right? I'm planning on being at the Pine Barrens Jeep Jamboree that weekend going topless.

Anyone else hit the Jamborees from LI? I'm also planning to go to the Killington one, and Catskills Jam. Those last two are the best ones in the NE (well, haven't been to Maine which is supposed to be good too).
Old 01-21-2009, 07:18 AM
JK Super Freak

hey adamisadam, ive never been to a jamboree ive always wanted too but they are so expensive and anyone can just go to the pine barrens for free any other day of the year id like to do the monticello one upstate. Sweet Jeep by the way love that color check out ateam4x4.com
Old 01-21-2009, 07:24 AM
JK Super Freak

and adamisadam yes you have posted in this thread page 63 12-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Old 01-21-2009, 07:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i wonder why I wasn't getting the subscription emails. Oh well, I am now.

Yes, the Pine Barrens is my least favorite Jamboree. I may not bother this year with it. I especially don't want to dunk my JK Rubi on it's maiden voyage in those sandy cranberry waters!

I was checking out ateam4x4.com. You may see me at Bellmore in the summers, but not in my JK, rather in my `68 Verdoro Green convertible Lemans. Hard to miss it.

Back to Jamborees, they are a ton of fun. And with the Monticello and Killington ones, they are on private land, so you cannot wheel there otherwise.

I'm also thinking of taking a trip in the Spring to MA area. There are some public trails around the Florida, MA area.

Where else do you guys wheel besides Roushe? I've never been there. Been to Paragon a few times. Gets boring. That's why I like the Jamborees - LOTS of new trails, and trail guides who know which ones are which.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY