Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 01-04-2012, 04:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Joey,
What's you jeep doing at huntington? I saw it there today.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went in for 2 Recalls

K13 - fenders fucked up

J30 - Weepy oil return lines...

they fucked up and I realized this morning they did J31 - reflashed cluster
which god only knows why there was nothing wrong with the cluster...

So now my bitch is still pissing oil out of the return lines and I am supposed to be driving upstate tomorrow 1000 miles round trip... calling them today to find out why they couldn't figure out which recall to do... considering its not that hard to notice how much that line is crapped out once you lift the truck... or even if you just look under it...

Old 01-05-2012, 04:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by joey2times
calling them today to find out why they couldn't figure out which recall to do... considering its not that hard to notice how much that line is crapped out once you lift the truck... or even if you just look under it...

Probably never went up on the lift...

That sucks.

What dealership do you use?
Old 01-05-2012, 04:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Went in for 2 Recalls

K13 - fenders fucked up

J30 - Weepy oil return lines...

they fucked up and I realized this morning they did J31 - reflashed cluster
which god only knows why there was nothing wrong with the cluster...

So now my bitch is still pissing oil out of the return lines and I am supposed to be driving upstate tomorrow 1000 miles round trip... calling them today to find out why they couldn't figure out which recall to do... considering its not that hard to notice how much that line is crapped out once you lift the truck... or even if you just look under it...

sooo now just got off the line with them and I have to bring it in tomorrow morning again so they can take care of it... they are saying that there is no known issue with weepy return lines (but everyone on the forum seems to think there is)... either way its warranty work and I am getting a loner and it will be fixed by the afternoon so I don't have to worry about the road trip...
Old 01-05-2012, 05:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MikekiM
Probably never went up on the lift...

That sucks.

What dealership do you use?

Huntington...

They are usually pretty good about everything, and It could have been the tech who mistaken the code or whatever... this morning the kid said it was a typo, then when I explained its a normal issue that everyone pretty much knows about he then referenced a oil temp sensor recall that wouldn't have affected my truck, or a brake line recall that wouldn't but said there was nothing about the return oil line weeping...

A quick search of the forums shows:

TSB: 2008-2010 JK Wrangler: Transmission Oil Cooler Lines May Weep Transmission Fluid

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves installing new transmission oil cooler supply & return line assembly.

MODELS:
2008 -2010 (JK) Wrangler
NOTE: This Extended Warranty Bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with 3.8L engine (sales code EGT) and an automatic transmission (sales code DGV) built before March 10, 2010 (MDH0410XX).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Weeping transmission oil cooler lines at the hose-to-tube crimp joints.

DIAGNOSIS:
If the symptom/condition is experienced proceed to the repair procedure.

REPAIR PROCEDURE:

1. Open the hood
2. Raise the vehicle half way up on a suitable hoist.
3. The transmission oil cooler lines are weeping from the crimp joints
4. Remove the left front wheel and tire.
5. Remove and discard the plastic tie strap on the upper transmission oil cooler line for the oxygen sensor wiring.
6. Place a drain pan under the transmission oil cooler lines to catch any fluid that will drain out after disconnecting the lines from the transmission.
7. Using Special Tool 8875A, disconnect both transmission oil cooler lines from the transmission
8. Using approximately 10 psi of air pressure, carefully blow out the remaining oil from the transmission oil cooler and oil cooler lines.

NOTE: Blowing out all the transmission fluid from the original transmission oil cooler lines will eliminate having to clean oil from under the vehicle by the transmission oil cooler line connections.

(However this is the total TSA ?? hahahahaha sooo ummm Jeep suggests to remove them... blow them out... and then ??? nothing)

I am glad they are at least putting me in tomorrow AM and giving me a loner and having it ready for sure by 5 for this trip...
Maybe a mix up or an oversight or whatever, but if they realize that and take care of me... its still all good in my opinion. Huntington has been pretty solid up to this point, so we shall see how this goes... No love lost with strike one...
Old 01-05-2012, 05:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Huntington...

They are usually pretty good about everything, and It could have been the tech who mistaken the code or whatever... this morning the kid said it was a typo, then when I explained its a normal issue that everyone pretty much knows about he then referenced a oil temp sensor recall that wouldn't have affected my truck, or a brake line recall that wouldn't but said there was nothing about the return oil line weeping...

A quick search of the forums shows:

TSB: 2008-2010 JK Wrangler: Transmission Oil Cooler Lines May Weep Transmission Fluid

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves installing new transmission oil cooler supply & return line assembly.

MODELS:
2008 -2010 (JK) Wrangler
NOTE: This Extended Warranty Bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with 3.8L engine (sales code EGT) and an automatic transmission (sales code DGV) built before March 10, 2010 (MDH0410XX).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Weeping transmission oil cooler lines at the hose-to-tube crimp joints.

DIAGNOSIS:
If the symptom/condition is experienced proceed to the repair procedure.

REPAIR PROCEDURE:

1. Open the hood
2. Raise the vehicle half way up on a suitable hoist.
3. The transmission oil cooler lines are weeping from the crimp joints
4. Remove the left front wheel and tire.
5. Remove and discard the plastic tie strap on the upper transmission oil cooler line for the oxygen sensor wiring.
6. Place a drain pan under the transmission oil cooler lines to catch any fluid that will drain out after disconnecting the lines from the transmission.
7. Using Special Tool 8875A, disconnect both transmission oil cooler lines from the transmission
8. Using approximately 10 psi of air pressure, carefully blow out the remaining oil from the transmission oil cooler and oil cooler lines.

NOTE: Blowing out all the transmission fluid from the original transmission oil cooler lines will eliminate having to clean oil from under the vehicle by the transmission oil cooler line connections.

(However this is the total TSA ?? hahahahaha sooo ummm Jeep suggests to remove them... blow them out... and then ??? nothing)

I am glad they are at least putting me in tomorrow AM and giving me a loner and having it ready for sure by 5 for this trip...
Maybe a mix up or an oversight or whatever, but if they realize that and take care of me... its still all good in my opinion. Huntington has been pretty solid up to this point, so we shall see how this goes... No love lost with strike one...

Yeppp turns out that (after finding that also this morning, thank you by the way) and calling the recall line for Chrysler, this is just a extended warranty for the issue... as in... they are fully aware that it fails, but its not "Recallable" yet...

Explains why Jeep Huntington didn't know what I was talking about recall wise, but they extended the coverage on this paticular part to 7 years 70k miles... now I have lifetime on the drive train... sooo?? I guess it doesn't matter... but I feel like jilted about the dealership not knowing what I was talking about. It does kinda peeve me that they didn't notice the issue. But if they never had it on a lift, then I guess they wouldn't have seen it... not sure how they could have done the Fender clips recall with out putting it on the lift but such is life...

Also the J31 code is a sensor temp recall thing so that was the "typo", which also makes sense I guess since there is a J31 and K13 both listed by Corporate, and those are invoiced as repaired...

Like I said Huntington has always been stand up, so I didn't want to jump to any conclusions. I think they should have spotted this and considering this is what I brought the truck in for, it should have been fixed... but I did say it was for the "Recall weeping transmission oil lines thing" so I guess "bad oil temp sensor Recall thing" is close... hahaha
Old 01-05-2012, 06:26 AM
JK Super Freak

J & K are next to each other on the keyboard... plausible if not likely on the typo.

I had the trans lines replaced under warranty on my 2008, but I had to call it to their attention. After the rig sat in their bay for two weeks while they fixed the busted heat blender thing, they never noticed it dripping.. had to bring back for another time after being without it for ten days.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 09jaykay
After the holidays i'm gonna be taking out my leveling kit to upgrade to a 2.5 coil lift. So i gonna be selling my teraflex leveling kit. Looking to sell as a whole first. The kit has four 1in front spacers, and two 1in rear spacers. It has the sway bar links also but the bushing a starting to crack, they don't creek or make any noise tho. Got the kit last Christmas so its only a year old. Just putting a feeler out because it wont be out till after the new year. Looking for $70 picked up or meet locally in the Holbrook near by areas, kit sells for $130 new. PM me with any interest and will work something out!
The kit is out of my jk and the other guy backed out so its back for sale, i also have coils out of a 4dr #58 rears fronts are unknown forsale for $40. This would be a nice set up for a 2dr to get a good amount a lift for cheap.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm gonna pass on the pucks.

Joey, I hear ya. The problem with the dealership model for service is that there are too many middle men. Especially for those of us who know and care about the details of what's actually being done to the vehicles.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wanted to see if anyone in queens or long island would like to adopt a very very friendly female cat. I found the cat last week living in a sewer drain at my job in bayside. I am not sure of the age but maybe two to three years old. I would love to keep the cat but unfortunately my wife is very allergic to cats. If anyone is interested in seeing more pics of the cat or seeing the cat in person please pm me or call 646-346-0442. I hope my fellow jeepers can help me find this cat a home.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120116_181104.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	265602

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120116_181125.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	265603

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY