Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 12-07-2011, 11:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KPjeep
thanks for some of the advice. I went to smithhaven and idk why. Anytime I ever stop by I say I'm never going back. Joey if your price is right and I can get the money together I might be interested. I was trying to find a rubicon model that was a street queen and build it up on my own.

also is your 5 inch trailmaster kit a long or short arm kit? 5 inches is a high lift for a short arm kit

If you want, PM me what your looking to spend, estimates are fine, and I will work it out to see what we can do... like I said I would MUCH MUCH rather give this to someone else who is going to use it... then get rid of it to a craigslister or a stealership...

Here is a link to the lift...

http://w w w.trailmastersuspension.com/details.php?Application=Jeep&Part_Number=J4616SSV& Title=JEEP%20WRANGLER%20JK%20AND%20RUBICON%20-%204%20DOOR%20-%20W/SSV%20SHOCKS%20&%20DRIVE%20LINES&Active=Yes

Its not welded on like long arm kits I have seen, but the arms were def longer then stock, and are adjustable.
Evan did the all the work, and if you look in the past few pages you will see how ever one loves evan hahaha

Its got the new drivelines for it too so you don't have to worry about stock angles hitting boots and causing failure.

Also on that page there is a link for PDF instructions... you can see the kit a bit more clearly installed throughout that.
The only problem I have ever had with the kit is that the front manual sway bar disconnects are ceased up... (this is 100% my fault) as I did not ever lube them or even use them at all... I use the edisconnect and figured if I ever had that fail I could still manually disconnect... never had the need cus the e-disco works great. I also have the newer JKS disconnects for this height that I got (because I figured I would swap them in incase the e-disco didn't work one day and I got a good price on em) that will come with the truck so if you can swap those in (I just never had the time)

Let me know if you got any other questions...

The previous kit I had in was the TF 2.5 coil lift, with no DS' or CA's and while it was a little bit smaller, it behaved a bit less mild mannered on the road... I think thats because it was done by me, and not evan... and because I didn't have any of the more complex components. Over all you can drive her on the highway at 80 easy with one finger holding the wheel... the northern state turns too much but on the LIE you can let go of the wheel and she tracks straighter then stock...

Also bringing her in the next few days to do Synth oils and rotate tires again...
Old 12-07-2011, 11:26 AM
JK Super Freak

its just listed as a "flex arm" kit on other sites...

so maybe its a "Middle arm" kit hahaha
Old 12-07-2011, 06:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joey2times
Huntington is a no nonsense dealer...

I do second that...

The last 13 jeeps from my family came from them... seems like a lot but there is 5 of us who currently drive jeeps, and only 1 is a first time jeep owner... and all but 1 has been leased.

Myself my brother and my mom all deal with Billy at huntington. He is a good dude, crazy knowledgeable and will flat out get you the best deal he possibly can... he will also trade stories, and kick some info on parts anytime you want to talk with em... and he will be glad to go wheeling with ya too.

My pop's and his girlfriend use the same dealership but they work with Kevin, because they know him.
They just got a sweet deal on a 2012 Grand they picked up... and there 2011 Grand while a few bucks more a month, was a sweet deal too...

basically we go there because they don't mess around with the finance... they don't jerk your chain on warranty stuff and they are generally good peoples...
p:
I bought mine from billy too. I think he's over at their dodge location now. I'll find out. Kevin is the mgr and been there a long time. Decent guy.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Joey I tried sending you a pm. Gotta clear your inbox bro
Old 12-08-2011, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

anyone go wheelin in suffolk meadows
Old 12-09-2011, 05:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by KPjeep
Joey I tried sending you a pm. Gotta clear your inbox bro
Cleared it out...

Well some of it... sorry about that... 50 message max for sent and received is rough hahaha but should be good to go...
Old 12-09-2011, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

Hey guys hope everyone is doing well. I really appreciate the compliments and shot outs... Just so everyone knows I am still working for Huntington but I have been relocated down to our Commack Dodge location to handle the Commercial truck department. Big bad ass Dodge Ram's is my newest responsibility at the dealership. I still sell Jeeps and all other vehicles that we offer out of this location. So feel free anytime to drop me a line or just stop by and say hello. Thanks again for the compliments they mean the world to me.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BillJenkins
Hey guys hope everyone is doing well. I really appreciate the compliments and shot outs... Just so everyone knows I am still working for Huntington but I have been relocated down to our Commack Dodge location to handle the Commercial truck department. Big bad ass Dodge Ram's is my newest responsibility at the dealership. I still sell Jeeps and all other vehicles that we offer out of this location. So feel free anytime to drop me a line or just stop by and say hello. Thanks again for the compliments they mean the world to me.
Hey bill, is it true what i was saying before? Will hintington jeep really keep my warranty if they install it? In a few weeks ill have enough to buy a lift kit so i was curious if its not too much of a hassle if you could find out in depth for me! It would be a load of help considering i live in mount sinai!
Old 12-16-2011, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by soccerwarriors9
Hey bill, is it true what i was saying before? Will hintington jeep really keep my warranty if they install it? In a few weeks ill have enough to buy a lift kit so i was curious if its not too much of a hassle if you could find out in depth for me! It would be a load of help considering i live in mount sinai!
The answer is yes and no lol...... Mopar lifts and AEV lifts we will cover warranty issues etc. any other brand lift the honest answer is maybe maybe not it depends on what we are doing and what the warranty claim winds up being..... As far as bringing in a lifted jeep we have never put a restriction on a vehilce with Chrysler or anything like that.... We try are best to be fair and work with all customers with lifted vehicles. I hope this answers the question....
Old 12-18-2011, 07:48 AM
JK Freak

After the holidays i'm gonna be taking out my leveling kit to upgrade to a 2.5 coil lift. So i gonna be selling my teraflex leveling kit. Looking to sell as a whole first. The kit has four 1in front spacers, and two 1in rear spacers. It has the sway bar links also but the bushing a starting to crack, they don't creek or make any noise tho. Got the kit last Christmas so its only a year old. Just putting a feeler out because it wont be out till after the new year. Looking for $70 picked up or meet locally in the Holbrook near by areas, kit sells for $130 new. PM me with any interest and will work something out!

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY