Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 12-05-2011, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joey2times
Shocks and springs?

Did that kit with some pal's as my first lift...

What are you doing with you're stock stuff

Might be willing to take stuff off your hands... ya know... in case I plan on going stock...
Springs with shock adapter. might sell the stock stuff... Maybe trade :wink wink:
Old 12-06-2011, 02:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joey2times
Not sure that will help... other then to feel better about how not screwed I am on my own lease...

I have 1 month left of payments... and I do not want to get into anything else after this (moving into manhattan)

I have invested a ton of $ into this thing, and cutting loose of it now with out anything besides a free walk is just a loss...

Thanks though for the idea, I did check it out... crazy what some people are paying for some cars a month (makes me feel better about what I pay hahaha) 300+ for a toyota corolla, 750+ for a 3 series bmw hahaha 2200+ for a mass quadport with 52 months left... hahaha why not just buy one for that price hahaha.

You don't actually swap leases. You are selling your lease to someone else. Swap is a bit of a misnomer.

I was thinking if your buyout is reasonable it's a way for someone to get a used modified jk without paying dealer markup. They take over your lease then buy it out.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
You don't actually swap leases. You are selling your lease to someone else. Swap is a bit of a misnomer.

I was thinking if your buyout is reasonable it's a way for someone to get a used modified jk without paying dealer markup. They take over your lease then buy it out.
That might be a great idea.. Lot's of folks look to pick up someone else's lease. The challenge is how to factor in the cost of mods which aren't included in the lease deal..
Old 12-06-2011, 04:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam

Rodger that... took a bit more of an in depth look into it... I could always do something with someone in those regards, like put it for someone to pick up the lease and buy it out, + some $ for me. It's not a bad idea really, I just think it would be harder to do then just buy her and flip her... but thanks for the info
Old 12-06-2011, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

whats up guys.

I've got my heart set on buying a jk sometime real soon and I want to know what you think of the jeep dealers in suffolk. Namely smithaven, port jeff, and huntington.

I think i'm going to try and buy a used 08 or 09. I'm trying to get as much advice as I can before I go out and buy it.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by KPjeep
whats up guys.

I've got my heart set on buying a jk sometime real soon and I want to know what you think of the jeep dealers in suffolk. Namely smithaven, port jeff, and huntington.

I think i'm going to try and buy a used 08 or 09. I'm trying to get as much advice as I can before I go out and buy it.
i bought my 2 door sport at port jeff in july and they gave the lowest pricing but i personally think the owners a douche. smithaven kept playing a numbers game with me and settled on one price, ordered my jeep in the wrong color and then proceeded to try and sell me the wrong color jeep that they ordered me for a higher negoitiated price. chrysler 112 will make you pay top dollar if you dont have tier 1 or if you havent bought from one of their brands before.. IMO all suffolk dealers suck lol.
BUT i spoke to huntington jeep a few weeks ago and they said they would install any lift kit for me and keep my 3 year 30,000 mile warranty on my drivetrain if i ordered it from quadratec.com
Old 12-06-2011, 09:21 PM
JK Super Freak

whats up guys.

I am going to be selling my truck soon... a 08-09 with more miles from the dealership is likely guna cost the same or more flat stock...

09 Rubi with 24k on it... and all the parts, the work + all the stock stuff I have left comes with it...

Whats your budget ??
Old 12-07-2011, 03:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

whats up guys.

Huntington is an AEV dealer so they can do installs. They're good about not playing warranty games. They won't cover your trail damage, but they won't deny a stereo claim due to tire size!

since buying my jk there, I've come to know the owners, service & sales staff. PM me and I'll make an introduction for you if you want.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Huntington is a no nonsense dealer...

I do second that...

The last 13 jeeps from my family came from them... seems like a lot but there is 5 of us who currently drive jeeps, and only 1 is a first time jeep owner... and all but 1 has been leased.

Myself my brother and my mom all deal with Billy at huntington. He is a good dude, crazy knowledgeable and will flat out get you the best deal he possibly can... he will also trade stories, and kick some info on parts anytime you want to talk with em... and he will be glad to go wheeling with ya too.

My pop's and his girlfriend use the same dealership but they work with Kevin, because they know him.
They just got a sweet deal on a 2012 Grand they picked up... and there 2011 Grand while a few bucks more a month, was a sweet deal too...

basically we go there because they don't mess around with the finance... they don't jerk your chain on warranty stuff and they are generally good peoples...

That being said... if you want a 09 Rubicon with low miles, and a bunch of work done, for prob the same price you will get a stock one with more miles from a dealership... let me knowww... hahaha
Old 12-07-2011, 10:53 AM
JK Newbie

thanks for some of the advice. I went to smithhaven and idk why. Anytime I ever stop by I say I'm never going back. Joey if your price is right and I can get the money together I might be interested. I was trying to find a rubicon model that was a street queen and build it up on my own.

also is your 5 inch trailmaster kit a long or short arm kit? 5 inches is a high lift for a short arm kit

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY