Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 10-31-2011, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in LIOR. Here's a link to our next meeting, http://www.liorclub.org/directions.html
first tuesday of each month in Lake Grove. We go wheeling monthly, and are active in regional organizations.

Originally Posted by dirtdigginjoe
Hey all,

Posting for my gf since she's the actual Wrangler owner..but it's still a toy for me! We're from Farmingville/Selden, about 2 minutes from Suffolk Community College. Pleasantly surprised to see how many people are close by, and how many times we've probably all passed each other!

Here's a link to her 09 Unlimited X with 2" Mopar lift, XHD+Stinger bumper, Rock Armor basket/rack system, and 33" Mickey Thompson's on 17" Jeep wheels: http://imgur.com/a/luqph#0

Any local meet n greets occur often?

-Joe
Old 10-31-2011, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikekiM
Hey all! Can the beach goers here please share the real deal on what's needed for beach access here on LI. I'd like to make sure I have everything I need for access to Sore Thumb, Overlook, Robert Moses, Smiths Point and possibly Hither Hills, Napaegue and East Hampton.

Do all of these beaches require the same passes? Are they all fishing passes?

I've searched the web for details and know/think I need one fishing rig per person, a tow line, tires no bigger than 33x12.5, a porta-potty (aka kitty litter filled spackle bucket, a jack, jack board, shovel... What am I missing?

The Suffolk pass works in all outer beaches.dont really need the portapotty, thats mostly for outer beach camping. What I use is
Jack and board
Shovel
First aid kit
Tow strap
Flashlight
Tire pressure gauge
Air compressor
And the one thing not listed..... Ductape

I've seen bigger tires out there. Mostly spent my summer at smiths point

I carry fishing poles if i plan to go after 10pm. Gotta have one for every passenger.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by drivingfool
I'm in LIOR. Here's a link to our next meeting, http://www.liorclub.org/directions.html
first tuesday of each month in Lake Grove. We go wheeling monthly, and are active in regional organizations.

Damn work until 9:30 tomorrow. I defiantly have to go one of these days
Old 10-31-2011, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

I think we might stop in and see what's up and get to know some people- with school and working it's a bit hectic, but we'll try our best to be there!
Old 11-01-2011, 02:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Tanman823
The Suffolk pass works in all outer beaches.dont really need the portapotty, thats mostly for outer beach camping. What I use is
Jack and board
Shovel
First aid kit
Tow strap
Flashlight
Tire pressure gauge
Air compressor
And the one thing not listed..... Ductape

I've seen bigger tires out there. Mostly spent my summer at smiths point

I carry fishing poles if i plan to go after 10pm. Gotta have one for every passenger.
Thanks.. I have all the above and then some..

Are there any town specific beaches requiring a special permit? I know you said the Suffolk pass is good for all the outer beaches.. What beaches remain off-limits without a special pass? For instance, Napaegue Bay isn't an outer beach... though right across 27 is East Hampton Beach. Same pass for both? And, this is the beach access pass right? I know there are two passes.. one for the state parks like Robert Moses and one for the town beaches (one requires the Green Key Card and the other doesn't)
Old 11-01-2011, 02:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Wish I could make the LIOR meeting!!

This time of year work gets insane.

Still looking for a set of Rubi JKU shocks and springs... 18/59's.

The classified forum here is hit or miss. Folks offer you stuff and then sell it to someone else a minute later. I would rather a cash/carry deal.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikekiM

Thanks.. I have all the above and then some..

Are there any town specific beaches requiring a special permit? I know you said the Suffolk pass is good for all the outer beaches.. What beaches remain off-limits without a special pass? For instance, Napaegue Bay isn't an outer beach... though right across 27 is East Hampton Beach. Same pass for both? And, this is the beach access pass right? I know there are two passes.. one for the state parks like Robert Moses and one for the town beaches (one requires the Green Key Card and the other doesn't)
Not to familiar to much wth the town beaches. All I know is even with green key they don't ask for it but charge an arm and leg for parking.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey drivingfool where in Queens are you?
Old 11-05-2011, 03:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have an 09 4 door sahara, and I can introduce you to the guy that did my lift, gears, axle, lockers, bumpers, sliders, welding, etc. His name's Evan, he's local and knows what he's doing. PM me if you want his number. He's located in Bay Shore.
Evan is the man
Old 11-05-2011, 04:09 AM
JK Newbie

Drivingfool, if u could PM me his number that'd be awesome! I forgot to get his number the other night..I'll be regearing and adding lockers soon :-)

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY