Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 10-23-2011, 04:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lre
all the way at the east end but willing to go anywhere on long island for quality work and reliability.
On my last trip east, I passed a place around Sag Harbor that specialized in off-road vehicles.. Sadly I thought it too far east for my needs and I didn't make note of the name..
Old 10-23-2011, 05:08 PM
lre
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MikekiM
On my last trip east, I passed a place around Sag Harbor that specialized in off-road vehicles.. Sadly I thought it too far east for my needs and I didn't make note of the name..
has anyone had any experience with east coast customs in south hampton ?
Old 10-24-2011, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lre
has anyone had any experience with east coast customs in south hampton ?
Thats probably the place Mikekim is talking about.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Nick-NY
Thats probably the place Mikekim is talking about.
Could have been.. I was coming back from Montauk taking a north route down to Sunrise.. so I I would have gone through Southampton..
Old 10-29-2011, 05:21 AM
JK Newbie

Hey all,

Posting for my gf since she's the actual Wrangler owner..but it's still a toy for me! We're from Farmingville/Selden, about 2 minutes from Suffolk Community College. Pleasantly surprised to see how many people are close by, and how many times we've probably all passed each other!

Here's a link to her 09 Unlimited X with 2" Mopar lift, XHD+Stinger bumper, Rock Armor basket/rack system, and 33" Mickey Thompson's on 17" Jeep wheels: http://imgur.com/a/luqph#0

Any local meet n greets occur often?

-Joe
Old 10-29-2011, 06:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Welcome to the forums Joe.. and your GF as well!!

That barn is awesome..

I've been around these forums for a while and haven't seen much in the way of GTG's specific to the forum members. Why not put one together? I'd come!!

Check Long Island Offroad.. they meet once a month and have off-road events.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdigginjoe
Hey all,

Posting for my gf since she's the actual Wrangler owner..but it's still a toy for me! We're from Farmingville/Selden, about 2 minutes from Suffolk Community College. Pleasantly surprised to see how many people are close by, and how many times we've probably all passed each other!

Here's a link to her 09 Unlimited X with 2" Mopar lift, XHD+Stinger bumper, Rock Armor basket/rack system, and 33" Mickey Thompson's on 17" Jeep wheels: http://imgur.com/a/luqph#0

Any local meet n greets occur often?

-Joe
Welcome to JK forum, I just saw your GF's truck on the road the other day but I can't remember where, I think Middle Country Rd. (which of course would make sense).
Old 10-29-2011, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lre
can anyone recommend a place, the further east the better, that does quality work ? I have a 4door Sahara and am looking to start my mods with new rims/tires and lift if necessary. bumpers to come after that. thanks in advance.
try RMS OFF ROAD. Rich has done several of my trucks and he features a multitude JK on his wed site RMSOFFROAD.com. Real quality work. Located in Bohemia
Old 10-31-2011, 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Hey all! Can the beach goers here please share the real deal on what's needed for beach access here on LI. I'd like to make sure I have everything I need for access to Sore Thumb, Overlook, Robert Moses, Smiths Point and possibly Hither Hills, Napaegue and East Hampton.

Do all of these beaches require the same passes? Are they all fishing passes?

I've searched the web for details and know/think I need one fishing rig per person, a tow line, tires no bigger than 33x12.5, a porta-potty (aka kitty litter filled spackle bucket, a jack, jack board, shovel... What am I missing?
Old 10-31-2011, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lre
all the way at the east end but willing to go anywhere on long island for quality work and reliability.
I have an 09 4 door sahara, and I can introduce you to the guy that did my lift, gears, axle, lockers, bumpers, sliders, welding, etc. His name's Evan, he's local and knows what he's doing. PM me if you want his number. He's located in Bay Shore.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY