Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 08-13-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanoballs
Hey guys i know im probably beating a dead horse but 533 pages of posts is a lot to look through. I need to regear for my 35s looking for some advice on good shops on the island. Im also kinda curious what its probably gonna cost all said and done. I definitely cant drive it like this, its a total dog!
Both Evan and Sammy from Sammy's Offroad in Hicksville...

Sammy worked on my JK last week and will be again this week. Great guy, good staff, solid work, prices are good. He's got a really busy shop so patience is needed on getting stuff done.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:20 PM
JK Newbie

had an awesome time at montauk yesturday. however the ride home at 1030ish was brutal with the doors off and the top down but it was also awesome. also i was the only one to bring a sweatshirt so my friends were freezing. the best part however when when i saw JKStell on my way home
on the right in the blue shirt is me and the other guy is my friend rob
Old 08-14-2011, 12:08 PM
JK Newbie

Ive passed by that shop before and seen the jeeps outside. was planing on stoping there to begin with. Im glad you guys are saying thats the place to go. Im definitaly going to stop in there and see what they have to say. plus its real close by. Thanks.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Parked next to a Mango Rubi in Stop 'n Shop in Amityville tonight.. sporting JK stickers, DuraTracs and [I think] black/silver ProComps..

Are you here?? Are you local to the south shore? Haven't seen your JK around here... Lookin' good!!

I left before you came out...
Old 08-17-2011, 03:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bullshark524
had an awesome time at montauk yesturday. however the ride home at 1030ish was brutal with the doors off and the top down but it was also awesome. also i was the only one to bring a sweatshirt so my friends were freezing. the best part however when when i saw JKStell on my way home
on the right in the blue shirt is me and the other guy is my friend rob
That's awesome! That was you? Never would have thought I'd stumble across you so randomly on the forum, either! I knew you were pacing me for a while...I was coming home from working on a boat in Hampton Bays. When I got off at my exit on Sunrise I gave the thumbs up but it only looked like I got stared at hardcore, LOL. So yeah, you guys MUST have been COLD! LOL
Old 08-19-2011, 05:05 AM
JK Super Freak

I am in need of a road trip!!

Or a GTG!!

Or something...

Okay, I also need some more mods.. anyone have anything they want to sell??
Old 08-19-2011, 05:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MMarz
I am in need of a road trip!!

Or a GTG!!

Or something...

Okay, I also need some more mods.. anyone have anything they want to sell??
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...m-other-things.

I also have JSK- 2.5''-6.0'' disconnects that I might be willing to part with...

Old 08-19-2011, 06:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks... That's some list of parts.. Sadly, no JKU for me. Gorilla locks don't work with my wheels.. And, I never turn my radio on!!

Good luck with selling all that stuff!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 06:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Are there any other brick-n-mortar shops on Long Island, similar to The Truck Shop in Sayville? ATV is all but gone and while Sammy is gearing up for a bigger and better Off-road location he's not there yet. Looking for a place to browse around and check out the goodies. Can't get to Sayville with any convenience.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKStell
That's awesome! That was you? Never would have thought I'd stumble across you so randomly on the forum, either! I knew you were pacing me for a while...I was coming home from working on a boat in Hampton Bays. When I got off at my exit on Sunrise I gave the thumbs up but it only looked like I got stared at hardcore, LOL. So yeah, you guys MUST have been COLD! LOL
i never thought i would see someone from the forum either especially since i dont know what anyones jeeps look like. i just happened to remember your lisence plate from the picture in your avatar.i did give a wave at the end but i guess my friend was blocking me and he was to busy checking out your jeep he didnt pay any attention to you. lol hopefully we will meet again one day

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY