Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 08-09-2011, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MMarz
Yours look pretty aggressive as they are.. Are you staying on the same wheels?

Did you install your flat flares yet? Post some pics..

BTW.. Paid a visit to Sammy.. He's going to relieve me of some of my money this week. Mango will be there getting some "stuff" done.
Sammy will treat you right... what "stuff you talking about? can't wait to see it!

About my Bushwacker Flat fenders.....I am actually going to put them up for sale so if anyone wants them please PM me..
I want 450 for them. paid over 575 form quadratec.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mcguyver
Sammy will treat you right... what "stuff you talking about? can't wait to see it!

About my Bushwacker Flat fenders.....I am actually going to put them up for sale so if anyone wants them please PM me..
I want 450 for them. paid over 575 form quadratec.
Mild lift, wheels, tires, and a few bits and pieces... plus anything else I stumble across between now and the time he calls...
Old 08-09-2011, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Powder Coat Wheels?

I am looking to get my stock wheels powder coated black. Does anyone know who does this on Long Island?

Much appreciated.

Once i find a place, just not sure how i am going to get it done. I one have the Jeep...it's my daily driver.

Thanks.

-Evan
Old 08-09-2011, 01:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by evan631
I am looking to get my stock wheels powder coated black. Does anyone know who does this on Long Island?

Much appreciated.

Once i find a place, just not sure how i am going to get it done. I one have the Jeep...it's my daily driver.

Thanks.

-Evan
Two places I know of.. though I have been to either in a while

SL Refinishing is on Edison Ave in North Babylon. Kevin is the owner. He did an AMAZING job on my three wheels for my Audi.. not cheap though.

The other place is Action Powder Coating in Lyndenhurst.. they did three sets of brake calipers for me..

And, there is another place around the corner from Action.. I'd have to pass by it to get the name.

If you don't have another set of wheels/tires, you'll have count on at least a day or two without a ride.. You'll need to break them down and then give the shop probably two to three days to get them prepped, coated, baked, cooled and cleaned..

I have set of 16" Pizza Cutters coming off my JK in a few days... going to put them up on Craig's list for cheap if you're interested...

Curious though...If you're going to PC them black, why not bedline them instead? It's a boat load cheaper; you can do them one at a time with your spare in rotation and not be down for a second. In fact, some folks do them without taking tires off; Easier to repair if you tag one.. just spray it. The PC would need to be stripped and redone.

Last edited by MikekiM; 08-10-2011 at 02:22 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have waved to EVERY SINGLE jeep I've passed for two months solid. Didn't miss a single one.. Modded or not. New or old. JK or otherwise. Queens, Nassau and out as far as Montauk...

I got three friggin' waves in return. Three! I average three or four out-going waves a day and I get three waves over sixty plus days.. that's pathetic.

Even a few of you sporting JK stickers failed with a return wave. WTF?

Maybe it's because I have the stock pizza cutters on.. Or there are too many mall-crawlers in JK's these days and they don't get it. Who knows.

I get lifted and 33's on BR 909s this week so let's see if the boost increases the number of return waves...

you obviously didn't wave to me.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam

you obviously didn't wave to me.

Maybe not.. but I am working on it!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 03:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

"MMarz"
I notice the same exact thing out here, took a trip out to Montauk, my wife knows about the whole wave thing, after about the 20th none waver, she said just stop!! I keep waving of course hoping for a return but not a one!! When I had my Ty and yj we all had the common (whats the word?) whatever all of us real jeep enthuses have but its not the same anymore Just a different world these days...:(
Old 08-10-2011, 04:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mcguyver
"MMarz"
I notice the same exact thing out here, took a trip out to Montauk, my wife knows about the whole wave thing, after about the 20th none waver, she said just stop!! I keep waving of course hoping for a return but not a one!! When I had my Ty and yj we all had the common (whats the word?) whatever all of us real jeep enthuses have but its not the same anymore Just a different world these days...:(

I just spent a week in Montauk and got one wave back... Saw and waved to more than a few jeepers, but nothing...

I got one local wave-back yesterday.

It's not stopping me. Maybe I'll wave to the same drive more than once and he/she will get it.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just spent a week in Montauk and got one wave back... Saw and waved to more than a few jeepers, but nothing...

I got one local wave-back yesterday.

It's not stopping me. Maybe I'll wave to the same drive more than once and he/she will get it.
Ever think maybe these people are too busy texting??? Come on people!

Actually i wave to all jeeps that i notice (sometime I do have to pay attention to the road). I seldom get waves here on LI. But 3 weeks ago i was down in Delaware and Maryland. Just about every Jeep waved back. Not sure if it is people were vacationing and were in better moods or what.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Two places I know of.. though I have been to either in a while

SL Refinishing is on Edison Ave in North Babylon. Kevin is the owner. He did an AMAZING job on my three wheels for my Audi.. not cheap though.

The other place is Action Powder Coating in Lyndenhurst.. they did three sets of brake calipers for me..

And, there is another place around the corner from Action.. I'd have to pass by it to get the name.

If you don't have another set of wheels/tires, you'll have count on at least a day or two without a ride.. You'll need to break them down and then give the shop probably two to three days to get them prepped, coated, baked, cooled and cleaned..

I have set of 16" Pizza Cutters coming off my JK in a few days... going to put them up on Craig's list for cheap if you're interested...

Curious though...If you're going to PC them black, why not bedline them instead? It's a boat load cheaper; you can do them one at a time with your spare in rotation and not be down for a second. In fact, some folks do them without taking tires off; Easier to repair if you tag one.. just spray it. The PC would need to be stripped and redone.
Thanks for getting back to me!

I think the PC would look better, plus I'm too scared to do it myself! Doesn't the bedliner get chipped?

You do have a good point about doing it with the spare! Nice idea...might look funny running with two different color wheels on one side.

I have some thinking to do.

When you say 16" cookie cutter...what exactly do you mean by "cookie cutter". I have a friend that might be interested. Can you PM me with pics and how much you want?

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY