Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 06-28-2011, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha jeeze blew your engine in there thats crazy that place is a lot of fun just have to be careful i dont get lost in there haha
Old 06-28-2011, 10:31 PM
JK Super Freak

I hydro-locked my motor a few years ago back there.... I love it back there its fun, I wish there was more obstacles.... but gotta take what you can get.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Default [not so] Quick note on LI dealer experiences

Take the good with the bad and of course, YMMV...

I've been driving a 2008 Sahara auto from now out-of-business Island Jeep of Lyndenhurst and had an ache for a six speed Mango. I stopped in Security Dodge Jeep in Amityville for some bolts for my soft-top to try to strike a deal for the last Mango they had on the lot.

The deal was too lean for them and I left only to have one of the higher up sales-dudes come running out in the rain to call my back in because "they were doing something wrong in the computer" and he could give me the deal I wanted. I should have seen it right here...smoke was on the horizon

They agreed to take my Sahara in trade and set up the Mango with Smittybilt side armor, a set of Duratrac's on Blackrock 909's and a hard top. Left them a deposit on a Saturday and the sales-dude pushed for a Monday delivery which I knew was never going to happen. The agreement was "subject-to" them taking my Sahara so I knew the deal was "loose" at best but they assured me it was solid and only minor details would change.

While I was there negotiating one of the guys at the podium got frustrated with the negotiation process, stood up behind the desk and yelled out onto the sales floor, with a hand full of patrons milling around.. "We gotta sell some cars! Let's sell some cars!!!!".

Hmm... another sign I missed. This guy is wrapped a bit too loose for all the wires to make contact.. Long story short, we set a date for pickup on the coming Friday.

Between Saturday and Friday, Security called me to change the deal five times.. Needed more money up front; Give me less for the Sahara; Wheels won't fit; Wheels will fit, but they don't want to be responsible for mounting them; Top isn't in yet; Top is in, but not installed and they need more money...

I finally called quits when on Thursday, the day before we were supposed to be delivering, I found out they had yet to call the insurance folks, didn't communicate with the bank, didn't have the top or rails on and basically had no intentions to close a deal.

Took two more days to get my deposit back. I had already sold a bunch of parts so I had taken a step backwards.

Next stop... Huntington. Actually went there on Wednesday when I first got the feeling the Security deal was weakening and wanted a back-up. I sat with one of their guys who promised he would call me back with some prices for the Mango they had on their lot. He never called, though I left him two messages.

Last stop was Grand Prix.. they are a bit out of my way for service, but in less than an hour we struck a deal better than the one I had with Security and they guys were a joy to deal with.

I know I was looking for a steal and what I wanted was real lean for the dealer, but the folks at Security and Huntington were poor sales people, not a bit of fun and in the case Security, shady business men. I was completely amazed at how easily they could and did say things with complete disregard to what is truth. If I did that in my business I would be in jail for a long, long time.

Anyway.. 2008 Black Sahara auto is gone. 2011 Mango six speed is in! And Grand Prix rocks. They did exactly what I wanted, with a smile and laugh. Happy to go out of my way to deal with these guys!!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:42 AM
JK Newbie

Default just got my new tires and wheels

Click image for larger version

Name:	Charllie'sJeep004.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	176825Click image for larger version

Name:	Charllie'sJeep002.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	176826Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3882.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	176827Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3884.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	176828Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3881.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	176829
Old 06-29-2011, 09:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Is that the VDP stubby bumper kit or your own?
Old 06-29-2011, 07:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Need recommendations to LI installers for a TF Leveling kit..

If you have had a good experience with someone let me know!

Or if you are a decent shade-tree mechanic I can supply tools, food and beverage of choice!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MMarz

Or if you are a decent shade-tree mechanic I can supply tools, food and beverage of choice!

LOL, if I had a shade-tree mechanic shop I'd call it "Shady Lane"...Jeep Modifications or somethin', lol. I like wrenchin' on my own stuff, and my friends
Old 06-30-2011, 03:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MMarz

Evan. I'll PM you his cell. He can do anything. Retired mechanic that likes to play with jeeps.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Evan. I'll PM you his cell. He can do anything. Retired mechanic that likes to play with jeeps.
I can vouch 150 % that Evan is the man...
He hooked up a shit ton of work for me, and knew I was on a budget and worked with me... His work is solid as hell... in fact, as soon as I get some $$ to get Diff Covers, I am going to have him do that for me, and recheck everything on my beast because I trust him more then myself hahahahahaha....
Old 06-30-2011, 05:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

The guy sounds like he's the man to go to! Plus...he's got the great name of Evan...as i do!

I know there is a shop in Bayshore, but no one ever seems to know the name of it. I can't find it either. I driven all through Bayshore trying to find it.

Originally Posted by joey2times
I can vouch 150 % that Evan is the man...
He hooked up a shit ton of work for me, and knew I was on a budget and worked with me... His work is solid as hell... in fact, as soon as I get some $$ to get Diff Covers, I am going to have him do that for me, and recheck everything on my beast because I trust him more then myself hahahahahaha....

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY