Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 03-20-2011, 08:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LongIslandJK
Anyone else from syosset? And does anyone have any dealership recommendations
I go to Merrick Jeep, on Sunrise Hwy, they did right by me with the gas tank & tranny line leak.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Monte I tried PMing you but your inbox is full. I will buy those Rock Rails if they are for two doors. Only problem is I'm in the military and I do not get home till April 20th. If you could hold on them till then, I'd come out and buy them.

Last edited by Viper64; 03-20-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:08 PM
R^2
JK Newbie

Default Greetings from Astoria, got something on my mind..

Hey Fellas- Whats up? I finally went ahead and created an account and am posting for the first time. I know its the LI thread but you guys are the closest I can come to calling someone JK Fam out here in Queens . I'm the proud 1st owner of a stock 09 Red Rock Crystal JKU Auto. We bought her back in June of 09 at Garden City Jeep in Hempstead. Shopped around for a while and ended up there because of their selection and overall good customer service both on the sales and service side from my point of view.

I am getting now to the point where I am planning on taking my rig to the next level. I have been looking at bumping up to a 2.5' lift and 35's possibly Toyo open country M/T and Rugged Ridge wheels Hyper silver but since this is my DD I have a couple of things to consider.. first things first though.. apart from $$ the only thing that has been holding me back from making any mods has been voiding my warranty especially my lifetime (which was a major deciding factor in buying new). I have read tons of posts on here as well as WOL experience with his dealer and chrysler which have been extremely helpful . However, finding out about a local experiences would serve the biggest help to my situation. From your personal experiences which has been the most mod friendly local dealer that has not flat out deny warranty work because of mods like bigger tires or lift etc. This type of info and advice would really help to move me forward on my moding madness.
Sorry for the long first post- really kick ass to be a part of this JK brotherhood-Thanks! R^2
Old 03-22-2011, 06:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Viper64
Monte I tried PMing you but your inbox is full. I will buy those Rock Rails if they are for two doors. Only problem is I'm in the military and I do not get home till April 20th. If you could hold on them till then, I'd come out and buy them.
Im sorry but they were sold before you posted this
Old 03-22-2011, 06:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by R^2
Hey Fellas- Whats up? I finally went ahead and created an account and am posting for the first time. I know its the LI thread but you guys are the closest I can come to calling someone JK Fam out here in Queens . I'm the proud 1st owner of a stock 09 Red Rock Crystal JKU Auto. We bought her back in June of 09 at Garden City Jeep in Hempstead. Shopped around for a while and ended up there because of their selection and overall good customer service both on the sales and service side from my point of view.

I am getting now to the point where I am planning on taking my rig to the next level. I have been looking at bumping up to a 2.5' lift and 35's possibly Toyo open country M/T and Rugged Ridge wheels Hyper silver but since this is my DD I have a couple of things to consider.. first things first though.. apart from $$ the only thing that has been holding me back from making any mods has been voiding my warranty especially my lifetime (which was a major deciding factor in buying new). I have read tons of posts on here as well as WOL experience with his dealer and chrysler which have been extremely helpful . However, finding out about a local experiences would serve the biggest help to my situation. From your personal experiences which has been the most mod friendly local dealer that has not flat out deny warranty work because of mods like bigger tires or lift etc. This type of info and advice would really help to move me forward on my moding madness.
Sorry for the long first post- really kick ass to be a part of this JK brotherhood-Thanks! R^2
Welcome! I too have lifetime warranty. the key seems to be to have a good rapport with your dealer. They are given a fair amount of lattitude before picking a fight. Some say if they install the lifts, they'll warranty them. That's of course assuming the same dealer is still around when you need work done.

The law says they cannot deny non-related items. ie, put a lift and tires on, and have an AC compressor claim? they can't deny it. your tranny goes, they probably shouldn't deny it, but maybe they could if they wanted to. Running 40" tires with 3.21 gears and you break an axle? don't go looking for sympathy.

Does that help? not really, right?

But this is why I bring my JK to my dealer for regular maintenance whenever possible. Hell, mine offers every other oil change for free, so why not?!!!

Talk with your dealer. Then do what makes you happy. good luck.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:18 PM
JK Newbie

Do you guys ever meet up anywhere on the island??

BTW, Finally bought a 2011 from Garden City.....

And of course started modding already

Old 03-27-2011, 07:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice looking orange JK! We often do small mods & meals. There's also some local clubs. I'm not sure what is allowed on this forum, so google Long Island off road clubs. PM me your email address. I sometimes organize them.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey all! I'm looking for some ticket advice...

I was driving down Meadowbrook today on my way to a funural and apparently I was going over the speed limit and got pulled over. He was kind enough to drop it down to a 110A "DISOBEYED TRAFFIC CONTROL DEVICE"

I did a little research and although this is better than a speeding ticket, it still carries 2 points. Is it worth trying to take it to court and getting it reduced? Yes, I know i'm lucky for even getting it reduced, but I'm a poor grad student and can't afford to have points on my license...
Old 04-07-2011, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dirtyjkwrangler
Hey all! I'm looking for some ticket advice...

I was driving down Meadowbrook today on my way to a funural and apparently I was going over the speed limit and got pulled over. He was kind enough to drop it down to a 110A "DISOBEYED TRAFFIC CONTROL DEVICE"

I did a little research and although this is better than a speeding ticket, it still carries 2 points. Is it worth trying to take it to court and getting it reduced? Yes, I know i'm lucky for even getting it reduced, but I'm a poor grad student and can't afford to have points on my license...
You can plead not guilty, and go to traffic court. Once there try to give a decent argument of what happend. Most cases they will reduce it. Another possible tactic, is to postpone your court date. If you get lucky the office will postpone the next date. Then you can argue about taking days off from work etc. Maybe it will get thrown out.

Always be friendly and courteous!

I am in the process of dealing with the same thing, but I got a speeding ticket. My first date the officer/trooper did not show. It was postponed for 4months. Hopefully he does not show again. That is when i say this is the second time here...hopefully they throw it out.

Good luck.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evan631
You can plead not guilty, and go to traffic court. Once there try to give a decent argument of what happend. Most cases they will reduce it. Another possible tactic, is to postpone your court date. If you get lucky the office will postpone the next date. Then you can argue about taking days off from work etc. Maybe it will get thrown out.

Always be friendly and courteous!

I am in the process of dealing with the same thing, but I got a speeding ticket. My first date the officer/trooper did not show. It was postponed for 4months. Hopefully he does not show again. That is when i say this is the second time here...hopefully they throw it out.

Good luck.
This sounds like a good idea. However, I've heard that if the cop reduced the charge, if he attends the court case he has the option to bring the charge back up to a speeding ticket if he wants. Do you know if this is possible? I have a feeling i'm just going to end up pleading guilty and paying this..

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY