Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 02-01-2011, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep price and dealership experience

See my reply below
Originally Posted by bluhawk99
I have been to a couple of dealers the last few weeks looking at a Mango Unlimited... They have been giving me a quote of $600-$1000 off MSRP... Do you guys think thats good?

Any input on buying my first Jeep would be helpful.....

I'm new to the forum so hi to everyone. Ordered my JKU from Huntington Jeep- see the sales manager-Kevin. Forget MSRP. First of al you should get 1% below invoice automatically if you join Tread Lightly. I used the 1% off as a start and negotiated down from there. What I liked about dealing with Kevin is whan I first stopped in to look he showed me wrangler's without asking me for phone number, email, etc. No pressure. I didn't take a ride that day (didn't have time) but he actually told me about the Tread Lightly discount (which i kenw about already). When I went back the next weekend and took a ride my wife asked him if he was coming with us. His reply was-"No- I trust you. Take your time and come back when you're ready". No predetermed around the block ride. Went back and negotiated, but asked about "dealer fees". His response is they don't play that game- just the DMV fee of $75 to process the registration. I ordered it and he is going to call me with a VIN number and track it for me. Very happy so far- unlike any dealership experience 've had.

/
Old 02-05-2011, 11:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Howdy all. For some reason I stopped getting email notifications of posts to this thread.

Yes, Kevin at Huntington Jeep is very good to deal with, as is Billy, a real jk guy himself.

As for local clubs, LIOR is a local club. They hold regular meetings and monthly trail runs. Ask fire Dimitri or Evan, and feel free to tell them I sent you.

Oh, and Evan is your man if you get in over your head and need professional help working on your Jeep.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

ordered 11/29/10
shipped 1/22/11
picking it up 2/9/11, tomorrow can't wait!
Sahara Unlimited
Mango Tango
I haven't even seen it yet and I know I'm gonna hate the tires.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:13 PM
JK Newbie

What dealer did you order it from?

Hope it wasn't East Hills.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

Yep it was, East Hills they are the only dealer who does the Costo deal, So far so good with them except the wait a little longer than they sai by a week and a half. Hope I can post some picturesClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0648.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	125780Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0646.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	125781
Old 02-10-2011, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Camo
Yep it was, East Hills they are the only dealer who does the Costo deal, So far so good with them except the wait a little longer than they sai by a week and a half. Hope I can post some picturesAttachment 125780Attachment 125781
Nice looking Jeep! Love the Mango Tango!
Between my wife and I we have gotten 4 Jeep from East Hills, all leases 3 Jk'S and a 2011 Grand Cherokee. They were pretty good to us. We ordered two and didn't have to wait very long for them. The other two they found for us, when another dealer had ordered them and was taking way too long to get in stock. That dealer is no longer around.
See ya in the road,
I may be the only JK that waves on Long Island!
Old 02-10-2011, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mcguyver
Hey long islanders, I'm a new, well used 07 jk owner just saying hello. I've owned 3 jeeps and can't wait to start moding my new DD.

I have a few questions for you guys....

Is there any "long island" jeep clubs that gets together.. hits the trails/beach/shows?

Besides the truck shop in sayville and rms offroad is there any other 4x4 shops that you guys recommend? I do 99% of all work but if I get in a jam it's nice to have a backup plan...

I am planning on installing a bds 3" lift with 35's next Sunday. I have everything in my garage looking at me just Hope I have no hang ups so I can watch the game!!! Looks like it's pretty straight foward...any pointers?

Everyone here seems to be very knowledgeable and eager to lend a helping hand or advice without any bs as far as I could tell. Looking foward to this build and hope i hope to run into you guys out on the road.....beach... trails or now in this crazy snow!!!
I was not able to find any other shops besides those two, but RMS has done work on my Jeep and have done amazing work.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Theage73
Between my wife and I we have gotten 4 Jeep from East Hills, all leases 3 Jk'S and a 2011 Grand Cherokee. They were pretty good to us. We ordered two and didn't have to wait very long for them. The other two they found for us, when another dealer had ordered them and was taking way too long to get in stock. That dealer is no longer around.
See ya in the road,
Dude nice Mango Rubi if I see ya I'll wave. Today was the first chance I got to get out and drive it, big difference from the F-250 I was driving, but it is a fun ride glad I got it!
Old 02-13-2011, 05:45 AM
JK Newbie

Try Sammy's in Hicksville has a hugh Jeep following
Old 02-13-2011, 06:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Theage73

See ya in the road,
Nice color.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY