Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 12-03-2010, 07:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks stell, ill deff. let you know after the holidays! and why do u guys wheel out there? ever consider going up to rausch?
Old 12-04-2010, 12:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wait, you're going to wait until AFTER the holidays? I wouldn't be able to wait 2 days let alone 2 to 3 weeks! lol

We go out there because it's there, and it's relatively easy. There are some nice trails we like to hit up. I planned on Rausch twice this fall, and both times bailed because of money, work, no lift yet, etc. I just gave it up and said 'hey, I'll worry about it in the Spring'. I started my own small business in August, so that has been taking up time and effort getting it off the ground, and I knew starting it that late in the season wouldn't be the best, but I've held through this year and made all the modifications to my JK that it has now (see my sig...). I have some items left on the list and then I'll be happy for a good time to come. But for now, I've been playing some catch up with some things and will be getting springs next...I'd love to have them ordered by the end of next week, so we'll see! It will either be Old Man Emu 'standard duty' coils to go along with the OME shocks, OR go with Rusty's Off Road 3.25" front coils and 2" rear coils. A little more research and I will have it figured out. And ordered

Hey - here's to Rausch Creek in '11! ( CLING CLING CLING )!!!
Old 12-04-2010, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKStell
Here's a couple of quick pics with the snorkel...I have some more recent (and better) pics from a few weeks back, but they're still on my memory card. I will get a couple of them online later today/tonight...

These two shots are just semi-good shots off of cell phones...
hahah your not gonna believe this but i was heading to whitewater with my cousin eariler today and we deff made a u-turn in your driveway, jeep looks good
Old 12-04-2010, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

DrewsJK you're kidding right?? That's pretty funny...yea that's my jeep!! Ironically I worked ay White Water for almost 8 years! I left there over the summer and began my own detailing company. Too funny though!! Thanks for the compliment...its a work in progress but so far so good.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Hi all, grew up in Port Washington, but live up in MA now. Whenever I'm back home I'm always scoping out the JKU scene, but unfortunately see many more chromed up H2s than Jeeps
Old 12-07-2010, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

hey whats up im mike i am new to the forum and its my first time having a jeep and i was wondering what the name of the law is about the warranty void?
Old 12-07-2010, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

hey mike, its matty.There is a lot of info on this forum on this topic. As much as I hate to say this - do a search. I could go into the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. I could go into how a lot of people have had warranty issues. I could go into how I have had zero problems with my warranty. a lot can depend on which jeep you go to also, i no some are more of sticklers then others. heres a definition you can tell your dad so u can shit ur rig. Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act - Act that relates to the promises that the nature of workmanship of the vehicle will perform the function for which it was sold. Also, prohibits any disclaimer or modification of any implied warranties which must be conspicuously displayed (normally on the buyer's order) prior to consummating the deal.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:11 PM
JK Freak

Default Amsoil in Suffolk?

Hey guys.. I am planning on doing a manual tranny and t-case fluid change sometime in the next few weeks. I'd like to use Amsoil products.

Anyone know where to get Amsoil stuff in Suffolk?
Old 12-10-2010, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

Default Off Road

Is there anywhere to off road besides exit 66 in yaphank where you dont need a permit?
Old 12-10-2010, 09:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Scastlet
Is there anywhere to off road besides exit 66 in yaphank where you dont need a permit?
There is NO WHERE to legally "off road" on LI with the exception of driving on the beaches for fishing. Period. If you want to go off roading, go to Rausch Creek or on a Jeep Jamboree (the new 2011 schedule was just released and it fills up fast).

Don't give 4x4's a bad name by illegally driving on someone's property.

Soap box dismounted.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY