Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 06-28-2010, 08:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Let's see how much rain gets in the cab with it on. If it's acceptable amount of water...
There's something you don't hear from non-Jeep owners! LOL
Old 06-28-2010, 08:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha what dates and where in NH do u konw? ill be in NH at my fsmilys lakehouse from t he 17 to the 31st

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
G/F birthday weekend for the 17/18, then off to New Hampshire to the Swanzey property the following weekend for some GOOD rock crawling.

Safari top is on after having it in the garage for 2 years. Let's see how much rain gets in the cab with it on. If it's acceptable amount of water, might just leave it on all summer.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:25 AM
JK Junkie

The event is at Swanzey, NH. But, we're staying in Keene, NH. 91N to MA/NH 10. July 23-25, wheelin' on the 24th. If you're up there, come wheelin' with us.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:10 PM
JK Junkie

Since I hated the departure angle on the Rancho carrier, I wanted to completely remove the spare and move it inboard. Since I only have the truck box in the rear and don't really need space for carrying stuff, I fabricated a simple in cab carrier.

Used 1"x3"x1/8" wall box. Relief cut the corners to bend the 90* angles. Welded the seams and welded it to the "cage". Used 1/2"-13 stud and bolts, welded to the box, to secure the tire and hi-lift.

Now, I can chop the rear crossmember and frame and fabricate to be higher clearance. Gives me less of a chance of getting hung up on the frame and/or carrier that used to be there. Now I don't have to worry about climbing a steep ledge in fear of getting stuck due to my carrier bottoming out.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:02 PM
JK Junkie

Reminder of Long Island Off Road's monthly meeting this coming Tuesday, July 6th, 7PM.

Uncle Joe's Pizza
2854 Middle Country Rd
Lake Grove, NY

Come on down if you're interested in joining a 4-wheeling club, meet new people, and have a good dinner. $20 for soda, salad, entree, desert and coffee. We wheel PA, NJ, CT, MA, NH, and VT.

Dimitri
Old 07-03-2010, 02:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Reminder of Long Island Off Road's monthly meeting this coming Tuesday, July 6th, 7PM.

Uncle Joe's Pizza
2854 Middle Country Rd
Lake Grove, NY

Come on down if you're interested in joining a 4-wheeling club, meet new people, and have a good dinner. $20 for soda, salad, entree, desert and coffee. We wheel PA, NJ, CT, MA, NH, and VT.

Dimitri
I'd love to join but can't be there Tuesday. Any other way you can get me some info.?
Old 07-03-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Junkie

1) has anyone been to Sore Thumb lately? I'm planning to go tomorrow and want to make sure all is open and back to normal.

2) WTF?! Why do I keep getting dropped from this thread? it's not in my subscribed threads, etc. Any clue?
Old 07-03-2010, 09:31 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by NYTUGS
I'd love to join but can't be there Tuesday. Any other way you can get me some info.?
Our July run to Swanzey Property in New Hampshire is on the weekend of the 23rd. Staying Friday night, wheelin' Saturday, come back on Sunday. Supposedly, VERY good rock crawling. If you're interested, and are available, you can come on this event as a guest. Then, if you like the club and wheelin' we do, you can join from there.

Dimitri
Old 07-03-2010, 10:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adamisadam
1) has anyone been to Sore Thumb lately? I'm planning to go tomorrow and want to make sure all is open and back to normal.

2) WTF?! Why do I keep getting dropped from this thread? it's not in my subscribed threads, etc. Any clue?
Last I heard sore thumb is open. You also need a fishing permit now along with the 4 wheel permit. NYS is trying to milk every dime out of us...
Old 07-04-2010, 04:42 AM
JK Junkie

yes, I'm all permitted up. I saw on News 12 that Robert moses has more beach than they've had in years. Feds paid for the 200,000 yards that was brought in this spring. I remember seeing all the heavy trucks there the one time I did try to go ro democrat pt.

ok, Sore Thumb today it is! anyone wanna join me & my son? fishing, kite flying, general hanging out and of course playing in all that new sand w/my JK..

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY