Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 06-08-2010, 08:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks again for all the help with the lift dimitri, couldnt have done it without you man!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:12 PM
JK Junkie

No prob. Glad I found that noise in a minute. Lower shock bolt was loose. Time to go out and play!
Old 06-09-2010, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Some pics from Mettowee from this past weekend taken by another member of LIOR:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Greenj40/MettoweeJune2010#
Nice pictures. Does Evan feel the need to flip his heep every trip?

Who did I see parked at 35 Melville Park road today? Rescue Green, unlimited with Mopar cover on it.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

Hey Joey -- I should have the Kit on monday, but I leave for work for a week ( work on the tugboats a week on and a week off)

I'll have all tools by the time I get back! I'll shoot ya a PM thanks again.

Originally Posted by Joey JK
Alright man, let me know when you get it in. Do you have all the necessary tools? (jack stands, Jack, Various Ratchets, possibly a drill with metal drill bit depending on the lift.) Cant think of anything else at the moment. Where do you live?
Old 06-09-2010, 06:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why can't I stay subscribed to this thread?! Are you guys trying to get rid of me?

Hey, check out what I did last weekend (aside from destroying a tire and a TPMS):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqofFyRvDbk

finally got to christen my winch!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 07:52 PM
JK Super Freak

whats with all the rock stacking and winching I thought you guys had rubicons
Old 06-10-2010, 03:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There's a reason those rocks were on the trail: there's no way up without 'em (not with anything we were driving). And NO BY-PASS! That ledge is about 4' up.

There's another spot that's even steeper but there are other rocks permanently situated to allow short wheelbases up. that's the spot that claimed my tire pinching the sidewall on the rim.

besides, I finally got to use my new winch!
Old 06-10-2010, 02:49 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BBirish
whats with all the rock stacking and winching I thought you guys had rubicons
That's what happens when it's a Rubicon-only run. Lots of "I have a Rubi so I can climb Mt. Kilimanjaro"...then they break out the winches and stack rocks.

Just kidding Adam.

Seth, not sure. The ol' girl hasn't been doing what Evan has been asking it to do. He's been beating on her a bit more than usual. Though, he's re-doing his suspension so it won't buck like a Bronco at the 1st sign of torque. We'll see how it turns out.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:30 PM
JK Junkie

Well I thought Mettowee was pretty damn soft. But, I finally took a good look at the JK and I wrecked the 1/4 panel at the bottom side of the door, already rusting and caused the door line to stream off now. Wrecked the tire carrier and in turn, wrecked the tailgate in the process. Landed on the 1/4 panel pinch seam under the tail light, again. More body damage to add to the list...
Old 06-10-2010, 05:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Well I thought Mettowee was pretty damn soft. But, I finally took a good look at the JK and I wrecked the 1/4 panel at the bottom side of the door, already rusting and caused the door line to stream off now. Wrecked the tire carrier and in turn, wrecked the tailgate in the process. Landed on the 1/4 panel pinch seam under the tail light, again. More body damage to add to the list...
and you said it wasn't a good trip.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY