Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-19-2010, 09:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepManUnlimited
looking to buy a mygig with navigation, if anyone on long island is planning on selling, please send me a message. thanks

I just saw one advertised around here somewhere about a week ago.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so i have noticed that my jeep will shake or shivver sometimes when the motor is running, im in drive, and im stopped, like at a red light. is this a normal thing for an 09 jk? it doesnt happen every time but enough for me to notice! if its something i should have jeep look at i want to do it before i put my lift in this sunday
Old 05-20-2010, 06:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Yes sir, $1,000. Gears, install kits, labor.
ok cool. 2 more questions, do you know if he has ever plug welded inner sleeves and can he make a custom truss for a Dana 30? if not maybe we can make the Rock Krawler one work. thanks man. (im planning on 37s)
Old 05-20-2010, 04:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

matty,
mine does that every once in a while. AC off usually makes it stop. nothing to do w/lift. my Liberty did it much more often. never an issue in 95k
Old 05-21-2010, 02:03 PM
JK Freak

i know its really last second but im going out onto smiths point tonight with some friends and im bringing BBsirish with me! if anyone wants to meet up with us out there ill b CB channel 4, look for the red 2dr jk and blue dodge dakota
Old 05-21-2010, 02:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
matty,
mine does that every once in a while. AC off usually makes it stop. nothing to do w/lift. my Liberty did it much more often. never an issue in 95k
adam, it happens to me with or without the A/C on. more often then with it off actually because i NEVER use my A/C
Old 05-21-2010, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
so i have noticed that my jeep will shake or shivver sometimes when the motor is running, im in drive, and im stopped, like at a red light. is this a normal thing for an 09 jk? it doesnt happen every time but enough for me to notice! if its something i should have jeep look at i want to do it before i put my lift in this sunday
Does this occur before the engine is at normal operating temperature? By that, I mean the water temp gauge is only about 1/4 the way up.

If it is the case, it's emission control related and a common complaint.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:38 PM
JK Newbie

Default what size wheel should I get !

I know that a 16" wheel will fit fine, But I am in love with the black rock "D" style series 909 rim. They are awesomely cheap at 15x8 alloy and I was wondering if anyone knew for sure it would fit. They dont sell a 16" otherwise I would play it safe. My second choice would be the ATX Artillery but they are considerably more expensive. HELP ME OUT !
Old 05-22-2010, 02:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BBirish
ok cool. 2 more questions, do you know if he has ever plug welded inner sleeves and can he make a custom truss for a Dana 30? if not maybe we can make the Rock Krawler one work. thanks man. (im planning on 37s)
He can do either one. I'd say get the sleeves, less of a eyesore with all that metal around the diff. A few holes to drill, slide them in, weld, done. With the truss, you need to take the plasma cutter to it, maybe add some metal here and there, etc. More man hours if you get my drift...

37s eh? Locking her up while she's getting her guts removed?

Last edited by Suffolk JK; 05-22-2010 at 02:55 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:54 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Joey JK
I know that a 16" wheel will fit fine, But I am in love with the black rock "D" style series 909 rim. They are awesomely cheap at 15x8 alloy and I was wondering if anyone knew for sure it would fit. They dont sell a 16" otherwise I would play it safe. My second choice would be the ATX Artillery but they are considerably more expensive. HELP ME OUT !
If they are a MAXIMUM of 4" backspace, they should clear. Some people had no issues with 4", some did. I have 15x8 with a 3.75" backspace and STILL had to shave the front caliper brackets down a hair. Even if you need to grind the caliper down, who cares...anything fits with a little cutting here and there.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY