Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-17-2010, 03:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tunr4life
bbrish if i could afford to go to PA every weekend then i would go but unfortunately i cant so i have to find somewere to go i dont like doing it as much as u dont like me talking about it but u wheel were u can but thanks for the concern
that still doesnt give you the right to "wheel" illegally or post about it here.

You're welcome for my concern

Effective January 1, 2008:

In an effort to encourage responsible land and trail use, Project-JK.com will no longer allow photographs of Jeeps or other off-road vehicles to be posted here if they are shown to be clearly off-trail and/or glorifying their capabilities at the expense of the surrounding environment or landscape. Photographs of this nature and/or even comments describing such harmful activities in a positive light will be edited or deleted accordingly. If you see any photographs and/or comments describing inappropriate or questionable activities on land that you know to be protected or off limits to motorized vehicles, we'd be grateful if you could please let us know by clicking on the "Report Post" link (looks like an "!" mark) on the bottom left hand corner of your screen.

If you are new to Jeeps and/or the sport of off-roading and would like to know how you can help keep our trails looking great and open for all to enjoy, here are two simple rules you can follow that can and do make a world of difference:

1. Stay on the trail at all times and deviate from it only when absolutely necessary (i.e. unforeseen obstacle(s) that prevents safe passage). Driving off trail can cause severe terrain erosion, wildlife habitat/plant life destruction and the spoiling of pristine landscape features that many of us hope to enjoy.

2. Pack it in, pack it out, pickup whatever else you can and pack it out too. While most Jeepers are great about hauling out their own trash, one of the things that you can do that really helps to make a big difference is to make a conscious effort to collect trash left behind by others and haul it out along with yours. Essentially, leave the lands that you just used in better shape than when you got to it.

For more information on how you can make a difference in keeping our lands and trails beautiful, open and accessible to all, please visit the following websites:

www.treadlightly.org
www.lnt.org

Last edited by BBirish; 05-17-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:05 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Deleted posts

I have deleted several posts in this thread related to illegal wheeling. There will be NO discussion of illegal wheeling on this forum, per our tread lightly rules.

Please refrain from any discussion about illegal wheeling, and for the love of our land - please don't do it either.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Viper64
Sorry man, yeah Richie will only do BDS. I think he gets a commission for every part/lift he sells or something. That and I think its the only brand he knows how to work with. All of the LI off road shops seem to blow, the Truck Shop over in Sayvillie is worse then RMS.

EDIT: Also I get so bitchy since I always get flak for going with BDS. :p
yeah i agree checked out the truck shop, no idea what they were talking about and way much more money then rms
Old 05-18-2010, 12:04 PM
JK Newbie

Stopped by the truck shop 2 weeks ago..Bad Vibes. Called my buddy and he told me to go by RMS whose done work on his 95 YJ for years and was kinda put off by the prices on accesories. Gonna have to order shit online and do it myself.

Some one PM me some spots around western suffolk!
Old 05-18-2010, 05:13 PM
JK Super Freak

dimitri is evan still offering that deal for gear installs? i know its somewhere on this thread but i dont feel like searching?
Old 05-18-2010, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nypd8718
Stopped by the truck shop 2 weeks ago..Bad Vibes. Called my buddy and he told me to go by RMS whose done work on his 95 YJ for years and was kinda put off by the prices on accesories. Gonna have to order shit online and do it myself.

Some one PM me some spots around western suffolk!
Always better to install the parts on your own. You get to know your truck intimately.
If you do however run into stuff that you can't do, Evan is a good mechanic that BB is referring to, and he's right in Bay Shore where you are. I'm in West Islip, maybe I'll see you around.

Last edited by Sethc84; 05-18-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sethc84
Hey Barry, don't get your panties in a bunch. I wasn't knocking BDS as much as I was RMS. I've heard good and bad things about BDS but I have no first hand experience. Heck my TF lift isn't even a TF lift anymore with all the other components I added on. (Wish I could list them here but I will just get another infraction if I do.)
As for RMS, well I went in there once a while ago, very happy to find a Long Island 4x4 shop. My truck was stock and I was looking for guidance. Unfortunately the owner couldn't get his head out of his own ass to give me the time of day. No problem, my money is green and works everywhere else and is much better spent on hardware and not his overpriced labor.
Yeah, I had a bad experience with RMS as well. He seemed to know his stuff. But I really dont. I have a bone dry stock jeep, and I wanted to lift and put some rims and tires on. I got there, and he offers me the BDS. I say thats fine, but I want to put it in myself (money reasons). So he says fine, i'll order it and call you when it gets in. So I call back in a week, he says soon, and he'll call...he never called. I went to sayville truck shop, also a pretty shady place, i asked what lift they recommend, I ended up getting it the next day. RMS' loss !
Old 05-19-2010, 03:13 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BBirish
dimitri is evan still offering that deal for gear installs? i know its somewhere on this thread but i dont feel like searching?
Yes sir, $1,000. Gears, install kits, labor.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:01 PM
JK Junkie

I want to sell this local since it's heavy and big to ship. Trying to sell my SkidRow engine/tranny skid. It's a little beat and concaved, but still protects 100%. Nothing a big sledge or putting the vehicle weight directly on it will be able to make it straight. They go new for $280+shipping. Looking to get $150 OBO. Making a custom cross member out of 2"x4"x1/4" wall and getting the Rancho oil pan cover. Looking to clear up the undercarriage a bit.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

looking to buy a mygig with navigation, if anyone on long island is planning on selling, please send me a message. thanks

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY