Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-11-2010, 02:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

which dealer?

I tell you they really don't seem to work at improving that evil dealership reputation.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
so i went to jeep today to get an oil change and such (jeep gave me coupns for 3yrs free oil) and while i was there i figured id get my busted valve stem fixed. dropped off the jk at 9, told me theyd call me to pick it up no later then 1........ never even got called!! best part is i have class all day tomorrow and cant even pick it up then! .... thank you jeep, thank you
Ive learned when you drop off your jeep you have to call like every 2hrs to remind them they still have your jeep because they forget!! and ive learned if they tell you it will be done at noon, you wont see your jeep untill 5pm.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

You shouldn't have to learn to expect these things. There are plenty of dealers still around that would love to have your business.
Matt, why didn't you call when you didn't hear from them?

Also, is anyone else noticing delays recently? When I make a post it takes a couple hours before I can see it under "Posts by Sethc84".
Old 05-11-2010, 09:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Matt666
It may seem like a pain in the ass, but alot of times when you tell them you will be staying to wait for the car, your actually a higher priority and might potentially get things done quicker.
x2 When you tell them your leaving it and will pick it up later they just assume that they can take all day, when ever i drop my jeep off i always call right before they go on there lunch breaks, i would never let them keep my jeep all day with out calling, matt your jks probly done they just forgot to call you lol. a oil change and a new stem should take no more then 2hrs
Old 05-11-2010, 11:43 AM
JK Newbie

Default anyone know where to go ?

Sup everyone,

Just looking for a place to go off road. I know of a few places out east, but its not entirely legal and Im not down for impound. I heard there is a place in Syracuse...but thats all I know. Not sure where in Syracuse or the name. Any suggestions?
Old 05-11-2010, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Viper64
To piggyback along with BB's post, anyone here want a stock stubby cut bumper? I don't need it anymore its anyones who wants to come and pick it up. And congrats BB on pulling the trigger on the 3 inch lift.
does it have fog lights in it? If so, i'll take it ! where you live?
Old 05-11-2010, 04:52 PM
JK Junkie

What's up Joey, I'm in Holbrook too.

There are no places on Long Island that are worth exploring. You'd need to go to PA or upstate NY to have some good wheelin. That or join Long Island Off Road (which I'm in) to have access to other trails in MA, CT, VT, and NH. 95% rock crawling some hardcore stuff.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

welcome joey! i live in holbrook too! i live in parkland off of broadway ave. where abouts are you? on another note.... Dimitri, what days are you doing rausch this weekend? sat and sun? or one or the other?
Old 05-11-2010, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

Holbrook here too lol
Old 05-11-2010, 07:14 PM
JK Newbie

bayport not to far whats up joe.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY