Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-06-2010, 04:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Welcome F Castle, what's being done to your JK?

There is no wheelin' on LI.

I'm part of Long Island Off Road, if you're interested in wheelin' different areas of PA, MA, NH, CT, and VT, come check us out. Mild to hardcore wheelin'. Next weekend's run is to Rausch, club appointed me trail lead so you're welcome to come as a guest.
I'm assuming my JK is being assembled soon if not already. I factory ordered it almost 2 weeks ago. I'm really excited, I always wanted a wrangler. This is actually my first "Brand new" vehicle also, so that's another thing I'm psyched about. Thanks for the invite, maybe one of these days I'll be able to. I'm going to look into LIOR, sounds like fun.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by F. Castle JK
I'm assuming my JK is being assembled soon if not already. I factory ordered it almost 2 weeks ago. I'm really excited, I always wanted a wrangler. This is actually my first "Brand new" vehicle also, so that's another thing I'm psyched about. Thanks for the invite, maybe one of these days I'll be able to. I'm going to look into LIOR, sounds like fun.
nice. Custom orders are fun! Welcome!

My son wants to say hi too with these:

:thum bsup:
Old 05-06-2010, 06:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DrewsJK
i just got the mbrp "offroad" exhaust i am really happy with it
but with that one dont you have to relocate your evap canister?
Old 05-06-2010, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DrewsJK
i just got the mbrp "offroad" exhaust i am really happy with it
and is the drone inside the cab loud or annoying...cus i had the gibson and i had to take it off after like a month cus the drone was killing me inside the cab
Old 05-06-2010, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by proto1214
but with that one dont you have to relocate your evap canister?
i made a 'heat shield" out of the old aluminum that came with the jeep, no problems yet
Old 05-06-2010, 11:02 PM
JK Newbie

yea i can make a heat shield but how is the drone in the cab cus that was my big problem with my other exhaust cus i really wanna get another exhaust but im very nervous to have that annoying dron in the cab again
Old 05-08-2010, 03:08 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by proto1214
yea i can make a heat shield but how is the drone in the cab cus that was my big problem with my other exhaust cus i really wanna get another exhaust but im very nervous to have that annoying dron in the cab again
I think with any "performance" exhaust you're going to get some type of drone, whether it's minimal or obnoxious.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
I think with any "performance" exhaust you're going to get some type of drone, whether it's minimal or obnoxious.
i know im gonna get drone..im just lookin for minimal drone the last exhaust i had i couldnt hear the person next to me it was so bad
Old 05-09-2010, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

and now im getting this really annoying rattling sounds like a piece of metal vibrating against another piece of metal im thinkin its a heat shield.....has anyone else had this problem? and if so..how did you fix it?
Old 05-09-2010, 09:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this issue about a year ago.. Ended up being the heat shield where it crosses below the transmission. Vi used anhose clamp to tighten it up

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY