Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 04-20-2010, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RST JK
Got my beach permit....most of the beaches are still closed up due to erosion. The only one that is open is Robert Moses, but the main enterence along with the air staion is closed.
Anyone go out at robert moses at the new beach enterence at the east end of feild 2?

Although it sucks that the air station is closed....it gave me an excuse to order an ARB Air System for the Jeep today!

Who wants to arrange a Jeep Beach Night sometime soon?
haha im down, i will be getting my permit this week
Old 04-20-2010, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adamisadam
So what's open? is this a temp situation or closed for the season?
i heard its just temp, because the regular entrance is where there are adding more sand from
Old 04-21-2010, 03:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

thing is..i cant just take my tires off like that...i have the stock jack...so it doesnt fit on my lifted jk anymore....how much are the brake pads themself?...and i have no idea how to change them...so i would def need help....

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Remove your tires and check how much contact surface is still on the pads. If it is the pads, get them right away. The last thing you need to running them down to the backing plates, it will make you get into an accident and/or hyperextend or damage your caliper. Get some decent pads and do it yourself. I can install pads on these JKs in under 45 minutes for all 4 corners and that's with greasing the backing plates so you won't have caliper to backing plate contact noises. If you need help, let me know.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sethc84
Is that installed? Whose make? What kind of warranty? Ceramic?
i have no idea...the gf called for me....she has my truck today...just in case i decide to just have firestone do it....ill find out..and let u know
Old 04-21-2010, 04:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DrewsJK
haha im down, i will be getting my permit this week
They stop selling the permit the on the 30, i always buy the suffolk country permit do u guys think i should get both, never been on the state beaches how are they?

Last edited by 09jaykay; 04-21-2010 at 04:13 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Candice, brake pads range in price based on their quality and warranty. You could probably pick up fronts and rears for anywhere from $50-$80. Auto Zone gives a lifetime warranty on their pads.
Seems like you would be SOL big time if you got a flat. Invest the $30 in the AEV Jack base, it fits in the rear compartment nicely.
I'd give you a hand with the brakes on Saturday if you have time.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DrewsJK
i heard its just temp, because the regular entrance is where there are adding more sand from
Latest I heard from a fishing site regarding the western beaches is the State is trying to get Demo back to 'normal' by May 15. As for Gilgo and Sore Thumb...right now they're not anticipating opening them at all this year b/c of erosion.
For Suffolk County Parks - Smith's Point is currently is open from cut 1A to 2 and then Burma out to the inlet.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

hey seth i sent u a text...that would be great if u could help me do them....

Originally Posted by Sethc84
Candice, brake pads range in price based on their quality and warranty. You could probably pick up fronts and rears for anywhere from $50-$80. Auto Zone gives a lifetime warranty on their pads.
Seems like you would be SOL big time if you got a flat. Invest the $30 in the AEV Jack base, it fits in the rear compartment nicely.
I'd give you a hand with the brakes on Saturday if you have time.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:09 PM
JK Freak

ordered my 2.5" Teraflex BB with shock adapters today (take 2) from alpha expedition. Should be getting it in the mail soon, according to the website. gunna deff. need some help putting it in though!!!!! anyone wanna give me a hand ?????
Old 04-21-2010, 02:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RST JK
Got my beach permit....most of the beaches are still closed up due to erosion. The only one that is open is Robert Moses, but the main enterence along with the air staion is closed.
Anyone go out at robert moses at the new beach enterence at the east end of feild 2?

Although it sucks that the air station is closed....it gave me an excuse to order an ARB Air System for the Jeep today!

Who wants to arrange a Jeep Beach Night sometime soon?
I got my state beach permit the other day along with the empire passport. waiting for all the necessary supplies I ordered (air comp., tow strap, etc..) to come in. Never been on the beach with the jeep before. I would love to join you guys on a Jeep beach night. Didn't know suffolk had a permit, should i get that also?

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY