Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 04-20-2010, 03:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
so i went out to applebees with guys from the fire dept. drill team tonight after our practice and i tried to beat my friend on to the line of cars waiting to get out of the parking lot. he has a 2010 camaro so rather then go round applebbes i just hopped the curb. well like 3 "rent-a-cops" came out of no where and threatened me with calling the cops haha. so after politely reminding them that they were a bunch of square badges, i hopped another curb and left lol. any ways...... heres a ideo from out drill team practice today!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpcOSlxj8LU
hahaha fuckin rent a cops
Old 04-20-2010, 04:03 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Raf
Hey guys I need to replace my OEM steering stabilizer with something a little beefier. Now I have a BDS lift, should I go with a BDS stabilizer of can I go with TF or something like that?
TF is a great upgrade for the money. A huge difference over stock. No complaints with mine.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

damn..i really need to get new brakes...gets louder and louder....ehhhh
Old 04-20-2010, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Candice, do you need pads and rotors or just pads. Very simple to replace either, rotors are just a little more involved.
I hear of people paying well over $500 just for front brakes.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

i have no idea seth...the brakes make loud noise when i drive and when i brake to slow down...i think its my brakes...sounds like them...idk if its the rotors or brake pads...im stressed...with moving to cali and stuff...this is the last thing i need to spend money on right now...all i know is...the noise gets louder and louder everyday...and a couple months ago...the guy from firestone told me ill be needing new brakes soon...
Old 04-20-2010, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

firestone says....160 for the rear brake pads...and 140 for the front...ehhhhh
Old 04-20-2010, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is that installed? Whose make? What kind of warranty? Ceramic?
Old 04-20-2010, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got my beach permit....most of the beaches are still closed up due to erosion. The only one that is open is Robert Moses, but the main enterence along with the air staion is closed.
Anyone go out at robert moses at the new beach enterence at the east end of feild 2?

Although it sucks that the air station is closed....it gave me an excuse to order an ARB Air System for the Jeep today!

Who wants to arrange a Jeep Beach Night sometime soon?
Old 04-20-2010, 05:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by can10
i have no idea seth...the brakes make loud noise when i drive and when i brake to slow down...i think its my brakes...sounds like them...idk if its the rotors or brake pads...im stressed...with moving to cali and stuff...this is the last thing i need to spend money on right now...all i know is...the noise gets louder and louder everyday...and a couple months ago...the guy from firestone told me ill be needing new brakes soon...
Remove your tires and check how much contact surface is still on the pads. If it is the pads, get them right away. The last thing you need to running them down to the backing plates, it will make you get into an accident and/or hyperextend or damage your caliper. Get some decent pads and do it yourself. I can install pads on these JKs in under 45 minutes for all 4 corners and that's with greasing the backing plates so you won't have caliper to backing plate contact noises. If you need help, let me know.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RST JK
Got my beach permit....most of the beaches are still closed up due to erosion. The only one that is open is Robert Moses, but the main enterence along with the air staion is closed.
Anyone go out at robert moses at the new beach enterence at the east end of feild 2?

Although it sucks that the air station is closed....it gave me an excuse to order an ARB Air System for the Jeep today!

Who wants to arrange a Jeep Beach Night sometime soon?
So what's open? is this a temp situation or closed for the season?

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY