Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 04-16-2010, 08:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper64
Question about Rausch, how often do you guys need a tug from the front. I don't have front tow mounts connceted to the chassis, and I want to go but dont want to risk to rip my front end off if I need a pull.
well im completely stock and only got stuck twice. dont do what i did and think that your gunna get stuck a lot, like people told me, you will be amazed what these do. however both times i did get stuck, i got puled from the front
Old 04-16-2010, 08:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
I've had the BB + 3/4" f/r for 40k now and wheel the piss out of it at least once a month...I flex like hell and it runs like a champ on and off the trail. I'll hardly call that a temporary move.
now heres the question, its a $17 difference from the bb with shock extensions to the bb with the larger tf shocks..... which package to get?????
Old 04-17-2010, 05:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
I've had the BB + 3/4" f/r for 40k now and wheel the piss out of it at least once a month...I flex like hell and it runs like a champ on and off the trail. I'll hardly call that a temporary move.
Thats a good point now i reallyyy dont know which one to get, the prices are soo close so thats not reallyy a factor, but ive heard with the coils you get a better on road drive anyone else hear or feel this?
Old 04-17-2010, 07:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 09jaykay
Adam besides the DS hitting have u had another problems with the 2.5 coil, im thinking about getting it, the BB just seams like a cheap temp move like you said but idk
I love this lift kit. No problems other than the aforementioned DS issue, which is slight and only at extreme articulation.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:33 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 09jaykay
Thats a good point now i reallyyy dont know which one to get, the prices are soo close so thats not reallyy a factor, but ive heard with the coils you get a better on road drive anyone else hear or feel this?
don't forget that if you plan on steel bumpers, added skids, and maybe a winch, you'll need the coils to carry the added weight without sagging.

for the small difference in price, I felt it was better to do this once and have the longer, HD coils. Just my $.02
Old 04-17-2010, 07:37 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Sethc84
Hey brendan I saw a post elsewhere that you were getting something but it didn't mention what. So what are you getting?

Adam what is that background music in the first minute or so of your video?
I had a vid with music loaded but YouTube yanked it for copywrite issues. When can I use my own music? These were from my CD's.

I still have the original version on my PC which featured Talking Heads, from Naked album. It's 100M. If anyone wants it, tell me where to post so we can share the file. Or I'll burn it for you Seth.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
don't forget that if you plan on steel bumpers, added skids, and maybe a winch, you'll need the coils to carry the added weight without sagging.

for the small difference in price, I felt it was better to do this once and have the longer, HD coils. Just my $.02
Thats that same way im leaning too, thanks for all the input
Old 04-17-2010, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Gunna go pick up the beach permit for my Jeep today.....do you guys know if there is a beach on the island you can drive on during the day?
I know robert moses is only late in the day til like 7am....
Also wondering if there is a beach your allowed to drive on and surf?
Old 04-17-2010, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RST JK
Gunna go pick up the beach permit for my Jeep today.....do you guys know if there is a beach on the island you can drive on during the day?
I know robert moses is only late in the day til like 7am....
Also wondering if there is a beach your allowed to drive on and surf?
i think you can drive on and surf at gilgo, if you buy the babylon pass but im not 100% on that
Old 04-18-2010, 06:52 AM
JK Junkie

Pics and vids of LIOR's trip to MaBell in MA. A great day, minor damage only to Evan's CJ. He flopped it on it's side and popped a u-joint cap. Went to Harbor Freight for goodies and eneded the day at Jacobies for a steak dinner. All in all, a great day.

http://picasaweb.google.com/DSpanoudakis83/MaBell2010#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWOY31Fu12M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCGLwK1SVxE

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY