Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 04-13-2010, 03:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Dave, what do you do that you drive a Sprinter?

Everyone who's interested in wheelin' as a guest with Long Island Off Road this Saturday is welcomed to come. Doing MaBell trail in MA. Lots of rock crawling. Let me know...
I do concrete work.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:37 PM
JK Freak

got an email from quadratec today, telling me that my moms credit card wasnt excepted??? ever happen to anyone here?? anyway, i went onto northridge4x4, (who sells it cheaper by the way), they sell there TeraFlex 2.5 BB with shock adapters for $325. they also sell the BB with the larger TF shocks for $337(the highest BB package). For $17 dollars difference, is it worth it to buy the TF shocks package? would i just be getting better articulation? i already have the rubi shocks....... i will be Re-buying my lift from northridge now!
Old 04-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Raf
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bud90
Hey mike that was me in the Sprinter on the LIE yesterday
Yeah Dave I recognized you. I happened to remember that you worked for Ruttura. I was going to try and catch up but a cop pulled in front of me and was looking to pull people over. Didnt want the crack across my wind sheild to give him a reason to prolong my ride home. Where are you wrking at man?
Old 04-13-2010, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Raf
Yeah Dave I recognized you. I happened to remember that you worked for Ruttura. I was going to try and catch up but a cop pulled in front of me and was looking to pull people over. Didnt want the crack across my wind sheild to give him a reason to prolong my ride home. Where are you wrking at man?
I was @ Lincoln Center, now I'm in Syosset
Old 04-13-2010, 08:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
got an email from quadratec today, telling me that my moms credit card wasnt excepted??? ever happen to anyone here?? anyway, i went onto northridge4x4, (who sells it cheaper by the way), they sell there TeraFlex 2.5 BB with shock adapters for $325. they also sell the BB with the larger TF shocks for $337(the highest BB package). For $17 dollars difference, is it worth it to buy the TF shocks package? would i just be getting better articulation? i already have the rubi shocks....... i will be Re-buying my lift from northridge now!
or is it worth it at $420 to buy the tf 2.5 coil lift with shock extensions. cuz i heard that my stock front shaft will make contact with the transmission skid, and that i have to cut out a notch in that skid???
Old 04-13-2010, 08:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
or is it worth it at $420 to buy the tf 2.5 coil lift with shock extensions. cuz i heard that my stock front shaft will make contact with the transmission skid, and that i have to cut out a notch in that skid???
for the small added cost, I went with coils. the BB seems like a temp fix to me. As for shox, TF told me the Rubi shox are very good, so they suggested the extensions until the shox wear out. the difference in flex isn't that much.

As for the DS, I personally replaced the small tranny skid with a real engine/tranny skid which eliminates contact with the skid. of course, my 4dr auto makes contact between the DS and tranny pas which is why I'm currently bootless, but that's another story
Old 04-14-2010, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

i have a 08 4dr hard top...looking to trade for a soft top...anyone wanna trade?...may be moving to cali and i dont need the hard top anymore...
Old 04-14-2010, 12:46 PM
JK Newbie

Evan installed my new 33" Goodyear duratrac tires today. Here's a pic of before Lift/tires and after Lift/tires

Before

After
Old 04-14-2010, 12:50 PM
JK Newbie

Default Tires for sale

By the way, I'm selling my stock tires. 12,000 miles on 4 of them and a brand new spare. None have ever been off pavement. Is someone here interested? 255/ 70R18

Old 04-14-2010, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by can10
i have a 08 4dr hard top...looking to trade for a soft top...anyone wanna trade?...may be moving to cali and i dont need the hard top anymore...
dam can, cali would be awesome

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY