Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 04-07-2010, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

picked my flowmaster 40 up yesterday at pepboys and im just going to mount it like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvVPW...eature=related
Old 04-07-2010, 02:27 PM
JK Newbie

Default Met with evan

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Just put my order in for 2 piece soft doors. F the hard doors. Once they come in, the hard doors are going in the garage for life. I need to be able to remove the doors on a whim and have them in the back of the seat.

Dimitri,
I had my soft doors sitting in the box for months now. Going to wait a few more weeks and then put them and the soft top on.
I also met Evan the other day (thanks for giving me his info) He's going to install my teraflex 2.5" BB lift and spidertrax wheel spacers on Friday.

Will want to get new tires after that. Anybody have suggestions? Want to keep my original rims. Looking for an aggressive look without really being aggressive.(daily driver) 33s or 35s without doing any more mods to make them fit.

Last edited by cooz; 04-07-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:45 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by cooz
Dimitri,
I had my soft doors sitting in the box for months now. Going to wait a few more weeks and then put them and the soft top on.
I also met Evan the other day (thanks for giving me his info) He's going to install my teraflex 2.5" BB lift and spidertrax whell spacers on Friday.

Will want to get new tires after that. Anybody have suggestions? Want to keep my original rims. Looking for an aggressive look without really being aggressive.(daily driver) 33s or 35s without doing any more mods to make them fit.
Oh you're the one who contacted him. I was at his shop today pulling his transfer case out of his XJ that he grenaded at Rausch this weekend. Snap ring backed off which cause the tailshaft to lower into the case which caused the chain to walk all over a sprocket in there. Chewed the SYE tailhousing. New parts are coming in tomorrow and rebuilding it tomorrow.

I'm actually going to be there on Friday helping him install your lift. I have the TF BB with an added 3/4" spacer up front and I run 35s and wheel it to hell. No issues. I do have my flares chopped, but you can easily run them without chopping too. I'd say go 35s. I went to 33s and I soon regretted I didn't go to 35s. Now on 35s, I'm happy...for now. Trust me...

I'll be running the soft doors year round. I hate the hard doors. Have to lock them up if you ever want to remove them at the trail. Sometimes in days like these it's cold in the AM and hot in the PM, I don't want to drive 200 miles with no doors at 5AM when it's 40* outside. Slapping on the soft doors and calling it a day. Pull them when I want and have them in the back. Hard doors are going in the basement for life.

Last edited by Suffolk JK; 04-07-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:49 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DrewsJK
picked my flowmaster 40 up yesterday at pepboys and im just going to mount it like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvVPW...eature=related
If you're going to continue to wheel the JK, it will sooner or later get crushed back there. Though, mine is pretty beat up, but that location isn't great AT ALL for keeping it protected. At least you're getting a Flowmaster. They will bend and crunch to all hell but won't rip.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
If you're going to continue to wheel the JK, it will sooner or later get crushed back there. Though, mine is pretty beat up, but that location isn't great AT ALL for keeping it protected. At least you're getting a Flowmaster. They will bend and crunch to all hell but won't rip.
yeah ill eventually put it in a new location, i just want to get it on
Old 04-08-2010, 03:35 AM
JK Newbie

Default Half Doors

Any one looking for Half Doors? I have a set listed for sale under misc parts. Suffolk county.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:57 AM
JK Junkie

Saw the post a while ago, nice doors!
Old 04-08-2010, 08:52 PM
JK Freak

so for those of you that were up at rausch not too long ago, all you guys no that "stock x" scraped his way along with you guys!(which was awesome by the way) any way realized my rock rails are pretty damn rusty now from all the shots they took from rocks. it rustolium the way to go about this one?
Old 04-08-2010, 09:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm really itching to buy a set of Bestop Soft Doors too. I also saw these HighRock element doors, which you can get with painted to match enclosures.

http://www.quadratec.com/showcases/b...s/2door_jk.php

Looks really nice, but once you add in the upper windows, it gets pretty damn pricey!

Last edited by Snickterp; 04-08-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:07 AM
JK Junkie

Ehh, haven't heard much good from Element4x4 or whatever that company is called. Guess one way to find out, lol...

Matt, flat black and call it a day. Even with Rustoleum, it will continue to seep through. I have gotten tired of painting over all the bangs and scrapes.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY