Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 04-05-2010, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matty the flowmaster is just the muffler/resonator. If you went that route, you would need someone to bend you up some tubing.
It seems you are looking for a "Cat-Back" system. These are made for specific vehicles and will come with everything you need. Check out MBRP and Banks.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
Dimitri, you have the flowmaster 40 series right??? i looked online and at a few places and non of them have it for a jk. Where did you get yours from? and did you re-do the entire exhaust or just a muffler?
they dont make one for a jk i belive, like seth said u will need someone to bend and weld a new pipe its not that hard to do u just need to find the right guy, or just go with a cat back but thats more money
Old 04-05-2010, 02:29 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
Dimitri, you have the flowmaster 40 series right??? i looked online and at a few places and non of them have it for a jk. Where did you get yours from? and did you re-do the entire exhaust or just a muffler?
Flowmaster original 40 series from eBay for $60. It's not meant for the JK and there is no tubing needed. I removed the stock muffler and placed the Flowmaster where the coupling met (where the stock location evap canister is). Clamped it on and called it a day. It's dumped, so there is no tailpipe. If you want to run it like mine, you need to relocate your evap canister with a evap canister relocation kit. $50 from Woods aka JeepSwag and it's all done. A LONG time ago and still like new.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:32 PM
JK Junkie

Seth, leave it on 1st gear and 4L and just coast it with your foot on the gas. When you feel it bogging down, BLIP the throttle. There is NO need to have your foot on the clutch when wheeling, unless you want to completely cut off movement. The only time I press the clutch when wheelin' to start her back up or stop entirely (and that's sometimes, if I know I'm coasting to a stop on flat ground, I just cut the ignition, it'll stop on it's own after a few feet). When you stall out on 4L on an obstacle, DON'T press the clutch unless necessary. You can start it in 1st and in 4L WITHOUT the clutch, so, it'll keep creeping forward while starting instead of pushing you back again off the obstacle.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:35 PM
JK Junkie

Just put my order in for 2 piece soft doors. F the hard doors. Once they come in, the hard doors are going in the garage for life. I need to be able to remove the doors on a whim and have them in the back of the seat.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

American Muffler Shop in westbury does custom work. quality work at cheap prices. at least that was my experience when I had them make a custom setup for my LeMans.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Flowmaster original 40 series from eBay for $60. It's not meant for the JK and there is no tubing needed. I removed the stock muffler and placed the Flowmaster where the coupling met (where the stock location evap canister is). Clamped it on and called it a day. It's dumped, so there is no tailpipe. If you want to run it like mine, you need to relocate your evap canister with a evap canister relocation kit. $50 from Woods aka JeepSwag and it's all done. A LONG time ago and still like new.
the one that you got off ebay, what size tubing was it? 2.25?
Old 04-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Raf
JK Enthusiast

Hmmm I wanna buy something for the JK too
Old 04-05-2010, 04:16 PM
JK Junkie

If I remember correctly, 2.5". Crawl under the JK and measure the pipe. I'm pretty sure it's 2.5". I'll crawl under the JK tomorrow and check for you, you also need to know inlet/outlet. I think I went with offset inlet and center outlet. But it's been a while...
Old 04-05-2010, 04:16 PM
JK Super Freak

washed the jk today, its pretty

interior is still a wreck though

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY