Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 09-13-2007, 07:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This might be a strech of this thred but my son is being heavily recruted by Stony Brook and Hofstra for football. Anyone have any information on either one. All input is welcomed.

We have been invited to the game on the 29th at Hofstra and on 10/20 to the game at Stony Brook. I was going to drive the other car but if you guys can show us some trails in the area we would be game to ride.
Thanks
Old 09-13-2007, 11:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by redWRANGLER
What's up Huntington! How do you like your Rubi?
love the Rubi, got rid of my TJ Sport for it
no regrets
last year i also rode stillwell quite often, not so much this year, real busy but regret not getting out on the trail, soon....soon....

any spots in suffolk to take Rubi besides beach?
any idea if permits are on sale now, if not, when they go back on sale?
Old 09-13-2007, 05:35 PM
JK Freak

You'll find 4 wheeling out east near Stony Brook. Hofstra is a bit more Urban and closer to the city. Both schools have really nice campus'. Hofstra's has a better football program.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by katzny2000
love the Rubi, got rid of my TJ Sport for it
no regrets
last year i also rode stillwell quite often, not so much this year, real busy but regret not getting out on the trail, soon....soon....

any spots in suffolk to take Rubi besides beach?
any idea if permits are on sale now, if not, when they go back on sale?
The beaches closed after labor day. they re-open after memorial day. you can buy your beach pass before April 30th.

its never to late to ride. shoot me a PM if you ever want to ride on a Sunday.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by redWRANGLER
I ordered my JK from East Hills Jeep in Roslyn. They are only 5 min. from my house and I wanted a local dealer. They are also a 5 star dealer and offer a free rent-a-car for every service.

Anyway, they left me a message yesterday, said I will be driving the Jeep by the end of the month.

Do you plan on doing any 4 wheeling? I'm trying to get a beach permit for Robert Moses Beach, but not sure how to get it done.
Hello I am from L.I, In mineola. I also order a wrangler from East Hills. They have been telling me any day for the past 3 weeks. The wrangler is sitting in Nj from what the sales manger told me and what I saw on the computer. Which is only a half hour away. I talked to them monday, and it is still not here. They are just waiting for it to be delivered from the NJ Lot. SO I am hoping to have this week. I have to ask if there is any where to go off roading on L.I.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Welcome to the forum. Most 4 wheel'n on Long Island is in Suffolk County and the beaches on the south shore. I had a beach pass this summer for Robert Moses. If you know of any spots let me know.

I'm pretty sure East Hills gets deliveries on Tuesday's. Be prepared for them to try and sell you an extended warranty, additional security system, low jack...
Old 09-24-2007, 01:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, Im also from Long Island, Selden by day West Islip by night. I just ordered an Unl. Sahara which I probably wont see til December..

Still pretty excited tho.

I owned 2 Jeeps in the past, moved on to an Acura, Loved the new Jeeps and when they announced Lifetime Powertrains I put together my nickels and ordered one.

Ive done some off roading on Long Island... Never bothered to get a permit though.. Ive probably went to Smith Point about 40 times without a permit and never had any issues (the most they do is to tell you to leave)

Last edited by racer83l; 08-25-2009 at 06:01 AM.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:35 PM
JK Newbie

thanks for the 112 tip racer83l, gonna check that out this week,
and welcome, not to many LI's on this forum
see a lot of JK's though, where are they all
Old 09-24-2007, 01:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

probably out mall crawling???

I was just thinking it sucks to get a Jeep in the winter because, well the tops going to stay on it.. but then i realized.. SNOW..

Oh the joys of owning a Jeep.

so yeaaaaaaaa Im thinking we should try to plan a trip somewhere this spring of '08 to finally "wheel" these things the way they were meant to be (beach is pretty flat and lame IMHO)
Old 09-24-2007, 02:54 PM
JK Freak

Count me in. The beach also makes a mess of your Jeep.
I used to work in Huntington Station and whould wheel with a bunch of guys from work off Jericho Trpk. Looks like they shut it down.

Racer831, what Acura where you driving? I traded in my Black '04 TL for the JK. And how do I get to How do I get to Smith Point?

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY