Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 03-23-2010, 09:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
that would be mike (09JAYKAY). thought he was taking his hard top off last weekend.... guess not
i was going to but it just wasn't working out, so once i get home from daytonaa i will take it off
Old 03-24-2010, 02:54 AM
JK Junkie

Ah yes, always forget it's you!

I'll see if a few guys from Long Island Off Road want to come up next weekend, get a decent group going.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Sethc84
I'm going to the pine barrens this weekend, and I'd like to go to Rausch next weekend.

Got a little garage time tonight, Installed some metal grab handles. I'm not so happy with how the cuts came out, drivers side is better than passenger. May just order some new plastic and give it another shot.
Also, I used a U-Haul trailer this weekend to move a couch out of my girlfriends parents house. First time I towed something with the Jeep. I know you say well Seth you have a van, well the trailer was only $14.99 and a lot more fun.
Here's some pics.
Attachment 39298

Attachment 39299

Attachment 39300
Those handles look solid, who makes those where did you find em? I want them!

How was towing with the JK?
Old 03-24-2010, 06:42 AM
Raf
JK Enthusiast

This may be a silly question but I have a pair of Daylighters that I would like to mount on my wind shield with a pair of smittybily brackets. Now if I get the the mirror relocation brackets for the doors is that going to interfere with the lights mounted on the wind shield?
Old 03-24-2010, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BBirish
Those handles look solid, who makes those where did you find em? I want them!

How was towing with the JK?
i have the same question??...where did u get em??...how much?????
Old 03-24-2010, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

They were $65 for the pair. I got them from this place out in California that nobody really knows. They are a secret to those who are the most informed of individuals. I have to say they are a really nice product. They bolt to an existing bolt in the A pillar and are held in with "J" hooks on the roll bar, no drilling required. Wish there was a cleaner looking solution than cutting the plastic. I ordered another set today and will try to do it better.

Towing was fun. Backing it in, up hill with a 6 speed. Well thats another story.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:08 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Raf
This may be a silly question but I have a pair of Daylighters that I would like to mount on my wind shield with a pair of smittybily brackets. Now if I get the the mirror relocation brackets for the doors is that going to interfere with the lights mounted on the wind shield?
Maybe it depends on what brackets you have for the lights. Mopar brackets bring the mirrors outboard. KC brackets are inboard (or is it the other way around?)

I'm in for next Saturday's run to Rausch Creek. Been a while...

5AM caravan, where's the meeting spot? Taking Southern to Belt to Verrazano Bridge. Need a meeting spot around Southern State Pkway.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Ah yes, always forget it's you!

I'll see if a few guys from Long Island Off Road want to come up next weekend, get a decent group going.
yea deff. try and see if a couple guys wana caravan up to rausch, i like the ide of what you said, havin our own group. u still unsure about going?
Old 03-24-2010, 05:21 PM
JK Junkie

Look at my last post above yours, I'm down for next Saturday, 5AM head out time. Need a meeting spot so Adam can meet with us arouns Southern State...
Old 03-24-2010, 05:47 PM
JK Freak

my bad, are you if u want that meeting spot to be over there at 5, what time are you leaving holbrook?? cuz ill swing by ur house when you head over there! i just gotta pick my buddy up, hes meeting m at the fire house on terry

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY