Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 03-22-2010, 04:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nlgrav182
As much as I like the wave, I'm going to say that she was a prowling cougar and wanted you like a glass of pinot grigio.
Definetly the funniest thing I read in days.. Got anything else??
Old 03-22-2010, 04:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seth, that part number comes up as a stability control module. They replaced a sensor or a module?

I think I might need to check my connection when I soldered a new wire on. It was cold at the time so I quickly spliced it. I think I might have a bad solder which is causing the ECU to go haywire. It comes and goes when it feel like it. If it doesn't fix the problem, then I'll take it in. $100 for the part or I give it to Jeep and still have to pay the $100 deductible for them to fix it.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:50 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Seth, that part number comes up as a stability control module. They replaced a sensor or a module?

I think I might need to check my connection when I soldered a new wire on. It was cold at the time so I quickly spliced it. I think I might have a bad solder which is causing the ECU to go haywire. It comes and goes when it feel like it. If it doesn't fix the problem, then I'll take it in. $100 for the part or I give it to Jeep and still have to pay the $100 deductible for them to fix it.
You needed to solder on the new ABS sensor?? I thought it was a sensor and about 2' of wire that just plugs into the Jk...
Old 03-22-2010, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nlgrav182
As much as I like the wave, I'm going to say that she was a prowling cougar and wanted you like a glass of pinot grigio.
awesome i like the way you think
Old 03-22-2010, 04:59 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by racer83l
You needed to solder on the new ABS sensor?? I thought it was a sensor and about 2' of wire that just plugs into the Jk...
Rear sensor's wire got cut a while back. Stuffed the tire enough to catch the wire between the bumpstop and bumpstop pad. Cut the wire clean in 2. Soldered a wire in between.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here is what my paper work says (Verbatim):
Cust states check dash lights came on for esp and bas.
Fault C123C Dynamic sensor performance
Performed Diagnostic and Found Sensors Defective
Replaced Dynamic Sensor
Configured
Verified Correction
Operating As Designed

Part: 56029427-AA
Description: Module El 8035030

Hope that helps.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

so did anyone get their beach pass yet?(for robert moses)
Old 03-22-2010, 06:48 PM
JK Freak

Matt, did you get the all in one package from Quadratec for the cb/antenna? Is the antenna a Firestik (ie. is it tunable)?
yea dimitri, it was the all in one cb set up from quadratec. yea its a firestick. i was told to have it tuned, but i have no clue how to do it or to tell if it can be tuned or not.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by racer83l
Were you at the holbrook FD at like 2pm? I drove by and think I saw your JK
yea joe, that was me. haha what were you doing over by the firehouse?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:55 PM
JK Junkie

Stopping by a customers house to perform a quick service..

And take the rubber tip off the end of the antenna.. There should be a screw adjustment.

You need a SWR meter to adjust it. I have one bouncing around in the back of my JK. also, radio shack at waverly and sunrise sells them if you want to buy one

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY