Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 03-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Raf
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When is this trip to Rausch planned for? I could scroll up or look on other pages but im too lazy. And I as well would be a noob.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Dynamic sensor? Never heard of that. Did they mean speed sensor? I had my lights off for a couple months, they came back on last week. I'm getting REALLY tired of this system. I'm itching to completely disable the system entirely.
The paper work actually called it the dynamic sensor. I'll get you a part number if you'd like.

Brendan, the fenders came out nice!
Old 03-20-2010, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Raf
When is this trip to Rausch planned for? I could scroll up or look on other pages but im too lazy. And I as well would be a noob.
saturday the 3rd of april. so far it sounds like just me and adam. tryin to see who wants to go
Old 03-21-2010, 04:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Raf
it's the east coast easter jeep thing. there's a huge thread on it. about 40 JKs going.

it's fri-Sun 4/2-4.

www.jk-forum.mobi/showthread.php?t=115881

Last edited by adamisadam; 03-21-2010 at 04:06 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:01 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Snickterp
Adam, finally got my TeraFlex SS yesterday. About to throw it on now!

BB, your Jeep is lookin real good man!
drum roll please... results?
Old 03-21-2010, 04:04 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BBirish
cut the fronts today..nice and narrow

just gotta paint the rear wheel wells still and some other stuff, but it can wait until tomorrow

what tool did u use?
did u cut & retain the front inner fenders?

you went tiny! like Speedo on a fat french man!

What's the law in NY about tires sticking out? I know PA busts chops. what about here?
Old 03-21-2010, 04:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adamisadam
drum roll please... results?
All is well! Fixed it right up, no more wobble at all. It even seemed to tighten up the steering a bit too.

AFAIK, there is no New York law regarding fenders at all. There is another thread about. It in the east coast forum that was talking about it.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I dont think NY has a fender law, but be careful when driving in PA, I've heard stories of the local PDs there targeting offroaders who dont meet the states fender law.

The chop came out clean though! Looks Good.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:04 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Snickterp
All is well! Fixed it right up, no more wobble at all. It even seemed to tighten up the steering a bit too.
I told you! Honestly, what you and I had weren't all out DW I think. Or if so, it was DW induced by the bad SS and bumps. In other words, without a proper SS you can induce DW with the right combo of circumstances. I actually had DW happen only once when my SS was bad. All the other things I was feeling was bump steer. But if you hit a few bumps in a row and other stuff is off, the combo can create DW.

And yes, the steering will definitely be tighter!

(My son wanted to add these
Old 03-21-2010, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adamisadam
I told you! Honestly, what you and I had weren't all out DW I think. Or if so, it was DW induced by the bad SS and bumps. In other words, without a proper SS you can induce DW with the right combo of circumstances. I actually had DW happen only once when my SS was bad. All the other things I was feeling was bump steer. But if you hit a few bumps in a row and other stuff is off, the combo can create DW.

And yes, the steering will definitely be tighter!

(My son wanted to add these
Haha very cute. Yea I've quite impressed in the steering now.
So I'm thinking about selling the SRT, save some cash, gonna devote my resources into the Jeep. Plus, saving cash on the possibilities of speeding tickets is always a good thing, cause you know thats not gonna happen to easily in the JK.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY