Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 03-13-2010, 03:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 09jaykay
picked up the jeep today with the new SS in it and it drives like dream. It's so much better then it was, theres no shake when i hit bumps and i actually feel like im driving when doing highway speeds instead of holding on for the ride.
I told u! that's great. did they give u the upgraded model? I'd like to see it live one day & compare to my aftermarket one.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment Shop

Anyone know of a local shop where I could get my truck Aligned. I have 37"s on beadlock rims and I don't want my rims to get messed up.
Also if anyone is interested I have 4 BDS Gas Shocks and 2 front ACCOS Pro adjustable coilover spacers with nitrogen bump stops used for sale. Also I have a Off Road Heros Soft top I am looking to sell. Just PM me
Old 03-13-2010, 06:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
I told u! that's great. did they give u the upgraded model? I'd like to see it live one day & compare to my aftermarket one.
yeah they gave me the one that comes on the 2010, the only difference you can see by looking at it is that theres nothing exposed. Which i guess is a good thing?
Old 03-13-2010, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Guys....
I dont post too much, but i'm constantly checking the site and the LI section. How many of you get the 4x4 Beach Permit for Robert Moses and surrounding beaches? My girlfriend and I took her TJ out there a couple times last year and I was thinking about getting the permit for my JK this year. Do you guys ever meet up out there and cruise around?

-Sean
Old 03-13-2010, 09:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RST JK
Hey Guys....
I dont post too much, but i'm constantly checking the site and the LI section. How many of you get the 4x4 Beach Permit for Robert Moses and surrounding beaches? My girlfriend and I took her TJ out there a couple times last year and I was thinking about getting the permit for my JK this year. Do you guys ever meet up out there and cruise around?

-Sean
i get don't get the state but i get the county one, i go one smiths point, its worth getting the permit its so much better then parking and walking on to the beach. get the permit you wont regret it and i know some guys took a trip out on the beach, i hope they do it some more this summer.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 09jaykay
i get don't get the state but i get the county one, i go one smiths point, its worth getting the permit its so much better then parking and walking on to the beach. get the permit you wont regret it and i know some guys took a trip out on the beach, i hope they do it some more this summer.
So the last comment got me thinking of getting a permit... where do folks here usually go?

Seems like there are a dozen or so places to go to get permits (and presumably similar # of entry points). I live in Westchester County (about an hour away), is it worth the $50+ permit and the trip out there to get the permits? I envision myself driving out for a morning (say once a month), drive down the beach, let the kids play (2-5yr) for an hour or so while "fishing", then drive back...

http://www.thefishingline.com/surf2.htm

thoughts?
Old 03-13-2010, 11:39 AM
JK Super Freak

you get the state permit at the robert moses state parks office. it is 65 and then you also need a $10 fishing permit. it lets you on democrat point, sore thumb, gilgo, west end 2 and some other stuff. There are some dumb rules though im not sure if ill even get one this season

deadline is april 30th.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:43 AM
JK Junkie

How about it Brendan...you wanted to chop your flares. Let's trade rears...
Old 03-13-2010, 01:26 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
How about it Brendan...you wanted to chop your flares. Let's trade rears...
I want to chop mine. Are you saying you have chopped rears you want to swap for stockers? I may be interested. Got pics?
Old 03-13-2010, 01:34 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by nytennisaddict
So the last comment got me thinking of getting a permit... where do folks here usually go?

Seems like there are a dozen or so places to go to get permits (and presumably similar # of entry points). I live in Westchester County (about an hour away), is it worth the $50+ permit and the trip out there to get the permits? I envision myself driving out for a morning (say once a month), drive down the beach, let the kids play (2-5yr) for an hour or so while "fishing", then drive back...

http://www.thefishingline.com/surf2.htm

thoughts?

I take my two young sons to the beach with the pass to play, swim and even cast a line (honest!)

To be able to drive onto the beach with all your crap and not have to shlep it with young kids is worth $75 right there!

Just know that there are no bathrooms. That's why you're bringing a bucket Some folks bring small potty seats or camping potty's.

It's really fun. Smith's piont is good for this too, but for you further out.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY