Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 03-06-2010, 05:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny thing is it happened before and after rotation. Why I ruled out balance, but I think I might be playing with Evan's balancing machine Monday or Tuesday.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:50 PM
JK Junkie

Seth, the Currie control arms have the jam nut and adjustable end on the axle end of the mount? Wanted to make sure yours were installed correctly. Always thought the jam nut was installed on the frame end.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:33 PM
JK Super Freak

hey guys check it out my jeep is famous

http://alphaexpedition.com/index.php...mages.tpl.html
Old 03-06-2010, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Seth, the Currie control arms have the jam nut and adjustable end on the axle end of the mount? Wanted to make sure yours were installed correctly. Always thought the jam nut was installed on the frame end.
I installed them that way because doing it the other way would make the grease fittings hang down. If they were to be installed the other way, what could it change?

I got a pretty scary shake a little while earlier, went away when I slowed down. It was provoked by a pot hole but this was the worst its ever been. Never really had an issue before. Its 09JAYKAY's fault since he brought it up. Gonna check all my suspension components and geometry of everything tomorrow. Maybe a new front track bar is in my future.

Brendan, that is awesome!
Old 03-06-2010, 08:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Sethc84
When you say Death wobble, does it start shaking and not stop until you pull over and stop the truck?
With these pot holes I've gotten some small shakes even with the Currie LCAs and the fox ss. Only lasts a second or two. The plows really destroyed the roads this year.

Dimitri, I am very happy with Evan and his work. I was in the process of removing my rear shock extension the other day but didn't end up doing it. Knowing I would be doing it in the next week or so, I left out the little bolt that holds it up. Evan noticed that and replaced it without asking or charging. These are the little things that make a difference to me.

I currently drive an '05 E-250 with the small block 8. Just hitting 100K on the odometer (40 miles shy). It has only needed very few things. Upper and lower ball joints on each side and the most major... Blew a spark plug through the aluminum head. Poor design by ford but everything was covered by the extended warranty we always take on the trucks.
Turns out the spark plug thing is a very common problem, shitty heads and only about 3 taps to seat the plug. They put a new head in my truck. I'm sure others try to fix it with a helicoil (Spelling?). I'd say look out for that when your checking out some vans. Good luck.

i got it bad doing 65 and i had to pull over and it didnt stop shaking in untill about 40mph, its really violent its not a little shimmy in the wheel it feels like its going to fall a part

Last edited by 09jaykay; 03-06-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:31 PM
JK Freak

LMAFO!!! B thats awesome!!! lets call ur jeep the poster child
Old 03-06-2010, 08:36 PM
JK Freak

SOO sunday will be 2weeks without my JK. Body shop told me a week - week and a half MAX. Called today, and what did i get??? Im sorry sir, but honestly we havent even really gotten a chance to look at your jeep yet! REALLY??? got e kinda pissed.... had to vent
Old 03-07-2010, 02:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 09jaykay
i got it bad doing 65 and i had to pull over and it didnt stop shaking in untill about 40mph, its really violent its not a little shimmy in the wheel it feels like its going to fall a part
yup, DW! bring it to dealer & yell. it sux! which dealer do u use?

Guys, r u doing breather raising today? where & when? I'm en route from upstate now
Old 03-07-2010, 03:21 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Sethc84
I installed them that way because doing it the other way would make the grease fittings hang down. If they were to be installed the other way, what could it change?

I got a pretty scary shake a little while earlier, went away when I slowed down. It was provoked by a pot hole but this was the worst its ever been. Never really had an issue before. Its 09JAYKAY's fault since he brought it up. Gonna check all my suspension components and geometry of everything tomorrow. Maybe a new front track bar is in my future.

Brendan, that is awesome!
Check your trackbar for play.

Originally Posted by BBirish
hey guys check it out my jeep is famous

http://alphaexpedition.com/index.php...mages.tpl.html
That's awesome! My rig is the avatar picture on the NOVA website for "Members Rigs".

Originally Posted by 09jaykay
That's death wobble. Check trackbar bushings.

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
SOO sunday will be 2weeks without my JK. Body shop told me a week - week and a half MAX. Called today, and what did i get??? Im sorry sir, but honestly we havent even really gotten a chance to look at your jeep yet! REALLY??? got e kinda pissed.... had to vent
I would take my truck somewhere else ASAP.

Originally Posted by adamisadam
yup, DW! bring it to dealer & yell. it sux! which dealer do u use?

Guys, r u doing breather raising today? where & when? I'm en route from upstate now
At the ends of the breathers where they are vented, use a 1/4" brake line and twirl it around 3 or 4 times making a loop, then stick the end into the tube. Makes for a cool looking vent while keeping water and debris from getting into the tube.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:40 PM
JK Freak

its going in wensday to get a light replaced on my dash so when i drop it off ill take the guy for a ride and see if i can make it happen i hope i can it happened twice today going to work

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY