Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 02-26-2010, 03:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamisadam
well, no ski trip for me today :( Yes, the JK could make the 150 mule trip, but how long would it take?! Hunter has about 4' of new snow!

MONDAY FOR SURE!
thats a lot of snow
Old 02-26-2010, 06:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nlgrav182
Knowing that I have a chunk of money coming from taxes and a decent bit in the bank, I'm getting very itchy to boost up the Jeep. I'm thinking about a 4" kit with all arms and track bars and keeping the TF BB spacers installed for a total 6.5" lift. Then adding 37's and getting the D30 reinforced, along with a regear and driveshafts from Nassau. Throw in all the brakelines and whatever other crap goes along with it. Probably won't happen, but I'm dreaming awake.

Figuring NR4x4 hooked the lift, etc. up for $2000, got the gears installed for $1000, found a set of 37's for $1200 and $500 for the axle reinforcements, plus a cooler full of beer and food for the lift party (), I'm looking at $4800 there... Damn this hobby is expensive.
Your telling me.

Well I attempted my evo rockstars last night. I say attempted because they nor the new shocks got installed. I took my rear tires off and unbolted my shocks, sway bar links, control arms and started to measure up for cutting. This was the do or die moment. So I reread the instructions and realized I needed the stock bolts for the top of the shock (I had extensions with the long bolts) and the stock bolts were nicely put away at home while my truck was jacked up in a garage in bohemia. Mind you it was about 11:30 last night so nobody was willing to bring them to me. Long and short is I had to just put everything back and shoot for another day.

I did however install my rancho diff skid that I modified to work with my ARB cover. Here is a shot if it and my new steering stabilizer.
Attachment 37785
Also turns out this is what happens when you use the teraflex track bar drop bracket.
Attachment 37784
Old 02-26-2010, 06:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's a purdy SS.

I cancelled my ski trip so I decided to go to my office. Lucky for that guy in a Maxima!!! He spun out right in front of me and slammed himself so deeply into the embankment that he couldn't even open his door. He picked the right guy to do that in front of. I pulled over, hooked my shackle to his nice tow point in the rear, and strapped him out like he was nothing.

He said "how can I thank you?" I said: "tell everyone a Jeep saved ya!" And off I went, into the sunset in my Sunburst Orange Rubi! Good deed #1 down.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:49 PM
JK Freak

So i know this has absolutely NOTHING to do with jeeps, but i will have been taking karate for 14 years this september. today in the mail, i got a letter and the letter said that i was inducted into a New York State Hall Of Fame!!! how awesome is that!! haha sorry, just really pumped and had no one to tell !
Old 02-26-2010, 08:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
So i know this has absolutely NOTHING to do with jeeps, but i will have been taking karate for 14 years this september. today in the mail, i got a letter and the letter said that i was inducted into a New York State Hall Of Fame!!! how awesome is that!! haha sorry, just really pumped and had no one to tell !
That's awesome! ...but what did you actually get inducted for?
Old 02-26-2010, 10:00 PM
Former Member

Congrats, you're officially the most intimidating Jeep owner on this board. Thank God that guy that hit you got away! Are you a black belt?
Old 02-27-2010, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

congrats matty , thats something to be proud of
Old 02-27-2010, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

haha yes im a black belt. thanks everyone! never thought i'd ever get something like that!!
Old 02-27-2010, 02:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
haha yes im a black belt. thanks everyone! never thought i'd ever get something like that!!
congrats Matt
Old 02-27-2010, 03:02 PM
Raf
JK Enthusiast

Congrats man

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY