Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 02-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't the Jeep Jamboree like $250 per Jeep and $125 per passenger? Something ridiculous like that?
Old 02-07-2010, 10:04 AM
JK Junkie

Yeah, something to that extent. I think it's more of a family event since soo many people attend it. Why I wanted to know what type of trails they offered you for soo much money. I know it's about the experience and spending time with the family, but since I don't have a family yet, it's all about the wheelin', lol.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

it's not about family; it's just fam friendly.

those prices include food I think, plus they scout & prepare trails using trail guides, months ahead of time.

they also have tons of raffles w/serious prizes.

like I said, go or don't. but don't knock it till y try it.

I love them. but I also love exploring new trails w/3 jeeps & a chainsaw!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:24 AM
JK Junkie

Not knocking it, wanted to know what trails they drag you on. Just didn't want it being something like they do out in Cali where they take bone stock rigs and pile stones in front of every obstacle to help them through.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I didn't mean to sound snotty. Just telling people in general who often knock it for the price, but haven't been to one.

Oh, and to answer another question you asked but I missed, they typically have about 15 jeeps per trail. It depends on which trail you are on; the very hard trails have less rigs on it. And on day two the word gets out about some trails being extra hard/wet/easy, etc and people try to jocky for position (going to harder or easier trails and the like).
Old 02-07-2010, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

WHO DAT!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 03:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

So does anyone have any rubi tires they want to sell?

I've been combing craigslist since august now and I cant find anyone selling them for less than $700. Finally found someone yesterday with a good deal, e-mailed him right away, and today his post is already deleted!

I keep reading about all these people with awesome craigslist finds all over the country, I'm not seeing any of that here in LI!

sorry... just a little frustrated.

Last edited by dirtyjkwrangler; 02-08-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dirtyjkwrangler
So does anyone have any rubi tires they want to sell?

I've been combing craigslist since august now and I cant find anyone selling them for less than $700. Finally found someone yesterday with a good deal, e-mailed him right away, and today his post is already deleted!

I keep reading about all these people with awesome craigslist finds all over the country, I'm not seeing any of that here in LI!

sorry... just a little frustrated.
mann..tell me about it...im always on craiglist...looking for jeep stuff..but i never ever seem to find the good deals people talk about...idk...i usually look in NJ, CT, PA...etc...dont usually find anything in those places either ....anyways...ur not the only one!
Old 02-08-2010, 05:18 AM
JK Newbie

Default Off Road Heros

Anyone looking for a Off Road Heros Fastback Softtop for a 4dr JK I have one used approx 2 seasons. Top is in great shape no rips or tears. Looking for $350.00. Just purchased a new one and have no use for the used one. Just send me a PIM if interested. I should be getting the new top by the end of this week.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JEEP JK 005.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	36816  
Old 02-08-2010, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just got a call from Shawn at Screemin Lizards, my shrockworks rear bumper/tire carrier is in and being shipped to me this week.

And does anybody here drive the maroon color unlimited with the rancho rear carrier? If so, saw you on Deer Park Ave today.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY