Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 01-23-2010, 11:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like Buffalo Wild Wings we usually go to the one on 231 (Babylon)

I never ordered wings from there tho.. usually just chicken sandwich's and salads.. I love their Asian Zing sauce
Old 01-23-2010, 11:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

since its pretty warm out, warmer than its been, ive taken on the task of painting my undercarriage to prevent some more rust. My skids as you can imagine are insanely rusty and mangled.

I first hit the skids with a wire brush, arms are killing me

Then sprayed them with Duplicolor rust to black primer.

Im waiting for that to dry now....then im going to hit it with krylon black

ill put up some pics when its all done

....and the BEST wings are at O'NEILS
Old 01-23-2010, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

God I'm getting so sick of looking at 4 door mall crawlers, I need to see of your guys wips in person. Its just so annoying seeing 2392932932 million Sahara 4 doors a day.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey now, I have a Sahara.
BUT I don't have painted flares.. I do have the silver sahara trim on the front bumper
Old 01-23-2010, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Your Sahara probably could run over mine. Also went to 112 today, bailed realizing that its not worth screwing up my top for a mediocre trail that a stock ZJ could run.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BBirish
since its pretty warm out, warmer than its been, ive taken on the task of painting my undercarriage to prevent some more rust. My skids as you can imagine are insanely rusty and mangled.

I first hit the skids with a wire brush, arms are killing me

Then sprayed them with Duplicolor rust to black primer.

Im waiting for that to dry now....then im going to hit it with krylon black

ill put up some pics when its all done
Why work so hard? I just use black Rustoleum and spary anything and everything with a scratch. Right over the dirt and all! I keep a can or two in the garage at all times. Looks good and is easy to keep touching up. Prevents rust too.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Why work so hard? I just use black Rustoleum and spary anything and everything with a scratch. Right over the dirt and all! I keep a can or two in the garage at all times. Looks good and is easy to keep touching up. Prevents rust too.
not sure, half way through i gave up using the duplicolor rust to black, just spraying everything with krylon gloss. looks brand new again. tomorrow im going to finish doing the frame, axles diffs everything. it looks great im happy with it. no pics its too dark
Old 01-23-2010, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

Saw a Black 2 door with a JK sticker 3 times in Plainview today. Black rims, soft top. Parked on Grohmans, then cruising down old country road and again a few hours later on Plainview road. Anybody from here?
Old 01-23-2010, 06:08 PM
JK Junkie

Joe, saw you on 83 heading south today around 4:30ish. Was heading to Popei's Seafood in Coram on Middle Country, good place. Easy to spot that rig.

Brendan, forget the wire brushing. You'll spend DAYS wire brushing dings and scratches. Go over it with Rustoleum primer then flat black. Call it a day.

I was under the JK as well this morning taking a good look at the damage, the Flowmaster muffler got MANGLED and twisted to hell, now I know what the major rattling noise was. It's jammed against the frame. I started spraying all the rust scrapes everywhere, stopped after 20 minutes, doing the rest tomorrow. SOO many spots got hit to hell. Finally mounted the ammo cans in the back of the JK for more storage, easy to get my straps, shackles and rings now plus the other can has Mopar spare parts (small ones, sensors, belt, pulley, u-joints, etc) Need to take a pic...

To everyone who wheels, check your toe at all times after wheeling. My tie rod is bent and had toe-in at +/- 5/16". Set it at +/- 1/8" a couple of wheeling trips ago. Had to reset it to +/- 1/16" toe-in, feels WAY better.

Last edited by Suffolk JK; 01-23-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:28 PM
JK Junkie

IPF H4 kits sent out by Northridge! Can't wait to get mine in...

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY