Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 01-16-2010, 01:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good Brendan, when are you putting them to use?!?

Thanks for the parts Joe, didn't think you were dropping them off today!

Adam, those guys build show trucks that are 10 feet off the grounf, not needed. I wouldn't trust them nor talk to them seeing how they treat other people.

Just put a TF SS on order. DW is gone but still have a TINY TINY shimmy only over potholes. Damn sure it's the SS.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Looks good Brendan, when are you putting them to use?!?

Just put a TF SS on order. DW is gone but still have a TINY TINY shimmy only over potholes. Damn sure it's the SS.
Thanks, im guessing feb ill prob make a rc run

I have a TF SS, its definitely better than stock and should get rid of the shimmy
Old 01-16-2010, 01:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DrewsJK
ok so these are wheels i want i am getting them in 16x8 and with the wheel ring.. i just can't decide on the color. if i do the black i want to make the ring steel blue. lets hear your input
i think the silver would look good with the steel blue
Old 01-16-2010, 02:03 PM
JK Junkie

Brendan, the rails bolt to the pinch seam or the frame? Looks like there's some pinch seam connections there. How are the nutserts? Easy to get in and lock up? Did you cringe when you started to drill holes in the JK?
Old 01-16-2010, 02:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BB Very nice!!! Im hoping that side was a bit easier than the other side...
Old 01-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Raf
JK Enthusiast

Looks good Brendan! One quick question is there a gasket of some sorts that goes around the rocker panel so this way there isnt any dirt that gets in between the body and panel? Probably going to order a bunch of stuff this week including rails/panel from ORV.

Drews if you want a blue ring I think silver would go best fella.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Raf, did you drive down 25 near 83.. I think I saw you drive past my store maybe like 3PM
Old 01-16-2010, 02:15 PM
JK Junkie

Joe, should've told me you were passing by, I would've left my swaybar with links out there. I'll do a drive-by this week after work and drop it off.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Raf
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racer83l
Raf, did you drive down 25 near 83.. I think I saw you drive past my store maybe like 3PM
Yup that was me man
Old 01-16-2010, 03:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Brendan, the rails bolt to the pinch seam or the frame? Looks like there's some pinch seam connections there. How are the nutserts? Easy to get in and lock up? Did you cringe when you started to drill holes in the JK?
the rails bolt to the pinch seam and body- VERY STRONG. The nutserts are tough, they are very time consuming but once we figured it out it went a little faster. And I didnt even cringe while we drilled 26 holes for the armor and enlarged 12 in the pinch seam and added a hole on each side also lots of drilling. Its just kind of unsettling knowing theres no going back.

Originally Posted by racer83l
BB Very nice!!! Im hoping that side was a bit easier than the other side...
This side was way easier, everything lined up had it done in 2 and 1/2 hours

Originally Posted by Raf
Looks good Brendan! One quick question is there a gasket of some sorts that goes around the rocker panel so this way there isnt any dirt that gets in between the body and panel? Probably going to order a bunch of stuff this week including rails/panel from ORV.
Thanks there is no gasket, the armor is so tight against the body that I dont think anything will get in there

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY