Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 01-15-2010, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in for Millers next week. Its in the Tanger Outlets (Deer Park), Parking lot, right outside of Nike (off Grand Blvd.)

Drew, BDS 3" Lift....Very Nice.
But if you don't mind, how much is RMS charging you to install it?
I don't think I would ever let him touch my jeep after one time talking to him. Just the feeling I got. I'm surprised he's even installing a 3" lift for you otherwise its usually Long Arm or get the F out the door over there.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Why do they only do bds
Old 01-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by Sethc84
I'm in for Millers next week. Its in the Tanger Outlets (Deer Park), Parking lot, right outside of Nike (off Grand Blvd.)

Drew, BDS 3" Lift....Very Nice.
But if you don't mind, how much is RMS charging you to install it?
I don't think I would ever let him touch my jeep after one time talking to him. Just the feeling I got. I'm surprised he's even installing a 3" lift for you otherwise its usually Long Arm or get the F out the door over there.
I won't ever get anything done at RMS or The Truck Shop. They get so many suckers that want their rigs to look great but don't have the guts to tackle it themselves. They take this and run with it and rip people off. They also refuse to do work on stuff you don't buy from them.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BBirish
Why do they only do bds
i asked him about the tera flex kit and he said their warranty isn't worth anything... so thats why they do bds
Old 01-15-2010, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nlgrav182
I won't ever get anything done at RMS or The Truck Shop. They get so many suckers that want their rigs to look great but don't have the guts to tackle it themselves. They take this and run with it and rip people off. They also refuse to do work on stuff you don't buy from them.
ya i check the truck shop out, the guy wanted me to do a shitty ready lift 3inch spacers lift for 1100. I dont think they know their stuff to well
Old 01-15-2010, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

Miller's sounds great.

Can't speak for The Truck Shop, but did not get a good vibe from just talking with the guy from RMS. Ended up putting in the lift myself, figured they could screw it up as well as I could. Came out fine.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DrewsJK
i asked him about the tera flex kit and he said their warranty isn't worth anything... so thats why they do bds
well thats garbage because joe at teraflex will replace anything, teraflex's warranty is great.

They just say that because thats the only lifts they get probably dirt cheap, i hate places like that

I think you should get whatever kit you really like and just install it yourself, you will get a better kit and save money putting it in yourself, not to mention how much you will learn. Im down to help you and im sure a bunch of other people here will help out too.

matt im definitely down for a jump at that place, especially if you have already done it and survived lol. Those pictures are awesome

and Racer83l thanks for your help today man couldnt have done it without you, cant wait to get the other side done tomorrow

Last edited by BBirish; 01-15-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:12 PM
JK Junkie

I hear RMS and The Truck Shop are absolute garbage. They won't touch anything that doesn't require a 12" lift for a pickup truck all show and no wheelin'. Everyone I've spoke to who deals with them said the same thing.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

meanwhile another week went by & I didn't order a stabilizer & RMS said they stock one for about $55. I'd like to put it in tomorrow. anywhere else to buy on on LI Saturday? I hate giving them $.

oh, & last week I called & chatted w/RMS when inquiring about the SS, & we talked about death wobble. first, he said ''Teraflex? that figures; there's your problem.'' & ''it's usually the runout on the tires.'' I askes WTF runout is, (after telling him the tires were in perfect balance as checked that very day) & he said it's when a tire isn't round but gets oval. I never heard of that. then I said they looked good on the balancing maching, plus I ROTATED THEM with no change in my slight DW, he said it's cause I do a 5 tire cross rotation & must have belt separation. THATS 30 YEAR OLD MYTHS! he said not for truck tires it's not. (i run stock Rubi tires not 35s).
Anyway, looking for a steering stabilizer tomorrow. mine is leaking & needs replacing regardless.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:37 AM
JK Junkie

Adam, check your ball joints. I just came from Evan's shop, did both sides of ball joints and replaced the rear ABS sensor on the passenger side and rear pads while he worked on other rigs. Had 4 of us from the club today working on our rigs side by side.

I had a slight steering wheel shimmy and a minor death wobble when going over certain uneven roads or bumps. So far, not a single shimmy since the ball joints. He did tell me to get a TF SS, the OEM one is too skinny of a SS for 35s and wheelin' he thinks. Plus, I ripped all the suspension bolts tight with his airgun, epsecially the trackbar.

ESP/ABS/BAS/TCS lights all went off. Pulled the rear rotors and cleaned off all the caked on mud and grim from the tone rings. Used the air gun to blow them dry. Replaced the rear passenger sensor, good to go.

Check your toe, while up on the lift, all of us noticed my tie rod is bent, that throws off toe which can definitely cause DW. Check your SS for leaks and/or change it out to a beefier unit. Don't go with RMS, those guys are not Jeep guys, they don't normally work on Jeeps.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY