Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 01-06-2010, 05:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just posted a thread in the for sale section for 4dr 2010 Rubi rail take offs. There $200 and include hardware. Just a heads up if anyone is interested. They cost $320 at the dealer
Old 01-06-2010, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a heads up to anyone in need, looks like Ripp mods in Staten Island posted quite a few spare JK parts on Craigslist.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/pts/1539921877.html

Last edited by Dizzyliz; 01-12-2010 at 12:28 PM. Reason: please do not post direct links to craigslist or ebay
Old 01-06-2010, 05:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by VINdecent
Just a heads up to anyone in need, looks like Ripp mods in Staten Island posted quite a few spare JK parts on Craigslist.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/pts/1539921877.html
cool thanks for posting that

Racer83l, they got the 17s on there for 400 for whatever your gonna do with them that you wont tell us

Last edited by Dizzyliz; 01-12-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: edited quote- see edit notes in above post
Old 01-06-2010, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

On side note, for people who get their oil changed by someone else, where do you bring it to on the Island?

I've always changed my own oil, but its been really cold out and my landlord does not let me work on my vehicle, I used to have a storage unit I did it at but I got rid of that a few months ago.

Any ideas of somewhere quality, I've had bad experiences at Jiffy Lube with my old company car (tools left in engine bay, charged for things not performed, etc.).

I am in West Islip.

Thanks.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Raf
Hey guys, just spotted a silver 2 door with a JK sticker parked in a driveway in the Port Jefferson Sta area. Was wondering whose it was.
I live in Port Jeff Station, probably mine, what road were you on? If it was a soft top with Pro Comp rims that is mine. Also met racer today after I was driving down Middle Country Road, saw a Silver 4 door with a massive lift and a AEV snorkel and went, "that looks familiar poped in and figured it was Racer. It was a nice chat with him talking about Jeep stuff. Very nice, mind my appearance, just left the gym so I was not looking to pretty. He even gave me his old CB antenna mount! He had one of the best looking four doors I've seen yet, I'm slightly biased since it was the same color as mine, but still dayum.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BBirish
werent you running Teraflex shocks why'd you go to bilsteins?

I want fox shocks
Nah, I just did the extensions when I installed the lift.
Now I'm doing EVO Rockstars in the rear with the Bilstein 5100's and I figured I should do the fronts too.
I ordered everything at 4WD from Bryan (BustaBiz, I believe) and he said the Fox and Bilsteins are pretty comparable. I plan to go with a Fox S/S with the 4xfix relocating bracket.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VINdecent
On side note, for people who get their oil changed by someone else, where do you bring it to on the Island?

I've always changed my own oil, but its been really cold out and my landlord does not let me work on my vehicle, I used to have a storage unit I did it at but I got rid of that a few months ago.

Any ideas of somewhere quality, I've had bad experiences at Jiffy Lube with my old company car (tools left in engine bay, charged for things not performed, etc.).

I am in West Islip.

Thanks.
I like Pro-Lube on 109, Just South of Sunrise Hywy.
Really good guys there.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got to my dealership, they do a fine job every time. I use to do the XJ myself.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Sethc84
Nah, I just did the extensions when I installed the lift.
Now I'm doing EVO Rockstars in the rear with the Bilstein 5100's and I figured I should do the fronts too.
I ordered everything at 4WD from Bryan (BustaBiz, I believe) and he said the Fox and Bilsteins are pretty comparable. I plan to go with a Fox S/S with the 4xfix relocating bracket.
oh for some reason i thought you got the coil and shock tf lift.

And im sorry you cannot even compare fox resevior shocks and bilstein 5100s

Last edited by BBirish; 01-06-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BBirish
oh for some reason i thought you got the coil and shock tf lift.

And im sorry you cannot even compare fox resevior shocks and bilstein 1500s
Excuse me sir but they are 5100's and no you can not compare a reservoir shock to them. However I can understand the way I wrote it was confusing but I was comparing the bilstein S/S to the Fox S/S.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY