Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 01-06-2010, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racer83l
Yea... so I'm thinking I want a Long Arm kit for my JK... anybody wanna buy some Currie Front Adjustable Lower Control Arms??? they were $320.00 2 months ago.. Id like to see if I can get $250.. and they will be available as soon as anyone wants them. Ill run the stockers until I get the LA kit. also, they are adjusted for 3" of lift and worked awesome when I had he 2.5" BB and still work awesome with my current 3.5" steup (basically all you need to do is bolt them on and your good to go)

Hey Joe how did you like the lowers? Did the jeep track better on the road?

I got the 2.5 BB and a 3/4" puck with the stock lowers, thinking its's making my steering a little weird when I hit bumps.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt666, not sure. Rock Krawler perhaps..

BBirish, all of the AEV stuff is staying as is.. it will just be an arm/bracket upgrade.

VINdecent, the front lower arms are necessary in my opinion. the jeep stays in its lane as you want it to and the steering wheel returns to center really quick when you let go of the wheel. It used to wander all over the place and it bothered me, that is long gone. Also, the wind seems to not blow you over the place as much.

Also, the Currie arms use rebuildable 2.5" Johnny Joints in both ends and they allow CRAZY flex... I think each johnny joint has 30 degrees of movement, and there are 2 the only downfall to having johnny joints, is you feel a little more of the road compared to the stock rubber bushings.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racer83l
Yea... so I'm thinking I want a Long Arm kit for my JK... anybody wanna buy some Currie Front Adjustable Lower Control Arms??? they were $320.00 2 months ago.. Id like to see if I can get $250.. and they will be available as soon as anyone wants them. Ill run the stockers until I get the LA kit. also, they are adjusted for 3" of lift and worked awesome when I had he 2.5" BB and still work awesome with my current 3.5" steup (basically all you need to do is bolt them on and your good to go)
Joe I would def take the arms as long as I can use them on my 2 door and Dimitri isn't already taking them.

And yes, Bilsteins. I don't mess around either. I'd love to do the nth kit someday.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK

Brendan, what caused the driveshafts to fail? Was he wheelin' when it failed or did it fail on the street? Any bangs or scrapes before it failed?

I think I MIGHT be going Tom Woods. I have a $200 gift certificate from them (won them at LIOR's Christmas party).
It was wheeled a couple weeks ago and i guess that they went during the trip but not bad enough to notice. Then it was driven around on til they finally went im not really to sure. But he went with tom woods, i could shoot him a text if you really want to know.

And I also will be going with tom woods when the time comes
Old 01-06-2010, 03:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Sethc84
Joe I would def take the arms as long as I can use them on my 2 door and Dimitri isn't already taking them.

And yes, Bilsteins. I don't mess around either. I'd love to do the nth kit someday.
werent you running Teraflex shocks why'd you go to bilsteins?

I want fox shocks
Old 01-06-2010, 03:32 PM
JK Newbie

Default Hi Seth

Welcome Seth,

I'm your neighbor to the south (Plainview) Have an 09 red rock unlimited sahara. Make sure you get a "JK" sticker.

Originally Posted by savidon
Hey guys ..... first time Jeep owner here. I've been lurking a while reading up about the JK and finally picked mine up a week ago.

I got rid of an Acura TL and got a 2010 Red Rock Unlimited Sahara with Nav ... it's pretty much a mall-crawler at this point, although I already have a bike rack for the hitch and working on a roof rack for skis. My kids are excited to finally have it and can't wait for the spring to take the roof down!

I've been reading up a lot here and appreciate the info I got in deciding to take the plunge.

Thanks!

Seth
Old 01-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Raf
JK Enthusiast

Hey guys, just spotted a silver 2 door with a JK sticker parked in a driveway in the Port Jefferson Sta area. Was wondering whose it was.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:36 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BBirish
It was wheeled a couple weeks ago and i guess that they went during the trip but not bad enough to notice. Then it was driven around on til they finally went im not really to sure. But he went with tom woods, i could shoot him a text if you really want to know.

And I also will be going with tom woods when the time comes

Maybe the shafts were banged up from wheelin? Even a Tom Woods shaft can go if you bang it around wheelin. Find out for me, Evan said that the guy charges him $250 a shaft, for whatever shaft.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Maybe the shafts were banged up from wheelin? Even a Tom Woods shaft can go if you bang it around wheelin. Find out for me, Evan said that the guy charges him $250 a shaft, for whatever shaft.
Yea the nassau ds's did look super tough im curious as to why they went now also ill get back to you....and 250 is a lot cheaper than a TW
Old 01-06-2010, 03:41 PM
JK Junkie

Tom Woods is $450 a shaft. If I can get 4 shafts from Nassau for $1,000 to have spares, I'll be all over it. You go with Tom Woods, you're paying $900 for 2 shafts, and won't have spares. Plus Evan said he can use whatever flanges you want, so, you can use Spicer 1310 u-joints on both ends.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY