Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 12-29-2009, 09:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper64
I really want that now. Also big thanks to 09jaykay for selling the OEM scoop to me. Have yet to install it, but will do tonight or tomorrow.
which way are you going to install it? with the opening facing foward or facing the windshield. Ive seen both and ive always wondered which way you were supposed to.

I would guess facing foward would be to force cold air into the hood compartment and facing the windshield would be to prevent water sand mud etc from getting in there
Old 12-29-2009, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not sure, I went read how you would install the Buscwacker one, they put it either way. I think I will go the cowl way. Ram looks cool and all, but I don't want to suck things I don't want to.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:22 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm not sure, I went read how you would install the Buscwacker one, they put it either way. I think I will go the cowl way. Ram looks cool and all, but I don't want to suck things I don't want to.
i agree
Old 12-29-2009, 10:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think I will go the cowl way. Ram looks cool and all, but I don't want to suck things I don't want to.
Actually, the whole reason for rearward facing is to pick up the air that is swirling forward in that area by the cowl (hence COWL INDUCTION hoods on muscle cars, first appearing on Chevelles and then added to Camaro, etc).

Therefore, you're just as likely to get crap in there, if not more so, if it's rearward facing due to the location. Maybe even more likely since air bounces up over the hood off the front end and MISSES that area (again, hence the reason cowl induction works).

But isn't the cowl area only for HVAC and sealed from the engine compartment like it is on most cars? (I haven't looked, but I'm willing to bet on it.)
Old 12-29-2009, 10:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BBirish
Here's a pic of the driveshaft as promised, still has the factory clamp on its too cold to take it off and put a zip tie on. As you can see its seeping a little just like every other part on my jeep haha

That clamp doesn't look tight. I still think you can get yourself a new one warranteed since the clamp is too loose. When one of my claims broke off at first, I got a replacement clamp and put it back on. (Then ripped the boot to shreds on the next trip out when I made contact with rocks )

No need to worry about it now in the cold. It's nothing that can't wait for a warmer day.

Hell, I'm running without front and rear boots altogether!
Old 12-29-2009, 02:21 PM
Raf
JK Enthusiast

So I just sold my old set of rubber for $650. Looking to invest it in the JK, any recommendations?
Old 12-29-2009, 02:27 PM
JK Junkie

Winch, period.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Raf
JK Enthusiast

Ahh very true. Considering I just got a winch mounted bump
Old 12-29-2009, 02:32 PM
JK Junkie

Hands down, Superwinch Epi9.0. You can get it for $600 or less shipped. I have it, pull at least once a month since last November. Never bogs down, never heats up. Changed over to Viking synthetic, even better now.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:35 PM
Raf
JK Enthusiast

Just out of curiosity would I run that of the battery I have under the hood? And what if in the future I want to run fogs off the same battery

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY