Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 12-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Raf
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would love to go to Rausch! And absolutely Vipe
Old 12-25-2009, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks man, question to all of you vets out there, would my current rig be able to survive the all mighty Rousch Creek?
Old 12-26-2009, 03:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper64
Thanks man, question to all of you vets out there, would my current rig be able to survive the all mighty Rousch Creek?
YES! It's a Jeep! seriously, there are different levels of trails.
Driving around a few dirt roads illegally on LI ain't wheeling. Go to RC or do a Jamboree next year to see what off roading is really all about.

as for x-mas swag for the Jeep: I got home from a ski trip yesterday & found Santa left a 94lb box as my door marked 9.5ti!!! (in the rain! Thanks Brown!)

And I'm not even Christian! That Santa is one great guy! A Saint! LOL
Old 12-26-2009, 03:45 AM
JK Junkie

Technically, the "spots" you go to isn't wheelin'. Go to one of our events from the club or go to Rausch Creek, then you won't return to your "spots" here. The things that get banged up are all your skids, diff covers, control mounts, frame, etc. Body damage, as long as you don't push it like I do, you shouldn't get any. I've pushed the handle through the door, dinged the 1/4 panel, LOTS of scratches everywhere, and most recently at a Toys for Tots run, pushed the entire tail light into the body so it folded in plus came down off a rock on the passenger corner. They're getting high clearanced now...

Depends on what type of wheelin' you're interested in. It comes with the price. You need to give up something to have something. As long as you don't mind the udercarriage doing what it's supposed to to and protect parts, you'll be ok.

As far as breaking things, you won't. If you do, there's guys with tools and fluids to get you going. From the type of wheelin' I do, I carry spare shafts, tie rod, driveshafts, fluids, tools, yada yada yada. Whole 34" truck box in the rear of the JK with stuff. You won't need much. Straps, tool kit, etc.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Viper, You will definitely be able to do rausch, there are different levels of trails set up. So you do what you feel your jeep is capable of. Kinda like skiing green is easy, blue medium, blue-black difficult,black-more difficult, red-impossible plus you have a silver 2 door so I know it will do excellent
Old 12-26-2009, 06:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of Rausch, anyone wanna go??
Old 12-26-2009, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is Rausch open year-round?

I'm down for another trip!

So Dimitri, you like how those ammo boxes work out in the back? They look good too.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:57 AM
JK Junkie

They're on order, should be here by the 2nd week of January. 17.25" long, 14" tall, 7.5" wide makes it perfect with the toolbox I have in the rear. Mounted directly to them, and side by side, there is a couple inches between the door and the new boxes, they are the width of the tool box, and they close to the height of the tool box. I can put the straps, AEV base, shackles and pulleys that I have in the cubby in the new box and I'll have an extra box, probably for some fluids and what not. I've had a little spill in the toolbox and having tools covered in brake fluid SUCKS.

When do you guys want to do Rausch?

I'm inviting anyone who wants to do a snow run in north CT/MA border January 23rd with Long Island Off Road Club. You can see the type of terrain we do (not much terrain except snow and ice on this run, did it last year, great time but you're on high RPMs for most of the day) and some of the guys who are in the club. So, if you're interested after doing that run, you can join the club and have access to all the other trails we do in CT/MA/NH.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:43 AM
Raf
JK Enthusiast

Never really thought those spots were "real wheeling" just gave me an opportunity to take it out of 2wd for a little bit and have some fun. As far as a trip to the Creek that sounds like a good time. If you guys are planning a trip I would like in.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Suffolk, yeah I agree since my Wrangler pretty much had no problem with them at all. Man I really wish I could afford a weekend off to take a trip up to Rausch, sounds like a blast.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY