Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 12-23-2009, 08:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was on Deer Park Ave this morning and passed a stuck school bus. FULL SIZE! Cops there helping, etc. By the time I went around and got back to them he had been pulled free. DARN! THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A FUNNY PICTURE!!!
Old 12-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Raf
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
soo i have a new Rugged ridge XHD front bumper under my tree at home. heres the problem, i ran into a thread that mentioned RR bumpers as having crappy powder coating jobs. then i ran into another thread about a guy who just focused on his RR bumper and how the powder coat was peeling. is this something that happens on all there bumpers, or just some?? because some of the guys who commented on his thread said that they had there bumper for over a year and not one sign of peeling??
I have one under my tree as well! Hopefully this doesnt happen to us. Do you have a link on this thread?
Old 12-23-2009, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey guys I'm new to this site but, I'm dying to see other JK owners rather then TJs, XJs and ZJs. Where do you guys go and stuff? I live over in Port Jeff Station, my rig is linked here. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...36#post1483136
Old 12-23-2009, 04:34 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by joey2times
bad news team.... well good news and bad news.... good news first...

Lift is done... it does ride very very well so far... as in REALLY fucking well so far... I haven't had a chance to get on it on dry straight pavement yet to really get a good good feel but honestly I was very impressed... it feels more stiff yet some how softer... I dont even know how to explain it really... its obviously bigger then the TF 2.5 lift like I can feel the difference driving for sure, it feels more natural like it shouldn't be easier mushy its more directly doing what you want it to and feeding back what it is doing to you at the wheel... and somehow its also a bit softer with out the jerkyness.... havent gotten to flex it yet or any of that... all I know it is a bit broseph getting in and out of it now and its so far smoooth as butter...

ok now what is long overdue...
Evan is a stand up guy... like a damn good guy. He really helped me out with the $ for the install and even was able to really bust it out for me in one day which was NOT easy if you know how much crap is in this kit... its hard to say anything more then, he is simply a stand up guy, with one hell of a talent... anytime something popped up that was even remotely questionable he would call me and let me know what it was, what he though, ask what I though about it and then let me know it would be taken care of with out incident.... he even packaged up all my old stuff in the boxes for me and loaded it back into my truck... I would say that so far, I would back him with anyone else who needed work done on the island... just a flat out class act...

nowww the bad news...
Camera is not here or will not be here till christmas.
my sister got married over the weekend... and well I lost a bunch of crap during the whole being a groomsmen drinking tons of whiskey and having a rock and roll of a time... the good news is my cousins ended up with everything and I will see them on xmas to get it back and snap a bunch of pics up at hunter mt with the truck

but sorry I will try some cell pics tomorrow...

a few things to note about the kit and so far experiances

1. The lower control arms in the front do not follow the typical bend in shape of the stock ones so at full cut with the 35's the inside of the tire would rub the round arm... Evan fixed this by tweaking the steering a bit so my radius is a little bit less but I am ok with that...
2. Kit comes with a bracket for a stabilizer kit that is not with the full kit, if you do not buy the steering stabilizer set up, you wont need it...
3. NOW I REGRET I AM GOING TO be in spain for a few months hahahah
4.Did I mention Evan ROCKS and did amazing work ??
5. I forgot to take measurements :( damn...
6. I am going to have to get used to the 35's with extra room... before they looked stuffed a little now they look like they have some breathing room but I just got to get used to it a little...
flexyyy sexyyy for sure...
7. ESP sensor things are kinda short... gotta make sure they do not hang up all crazy when I wheel her, that I need to check out at flex when disconnected...

anything else I will come up with I will try to remember

Thanks Dimitri for hooking me up with Evan... I owe you one...
I'm glad you like the lift and Evan's work and himself as a whole. He really is a great guy and will tell you what you need and what you don't need so you don't waste your money on BS. Trust me, he rather install something at a less cost than waste your money installing BS. I actually called him the day of to tell him what the kit exactly consists of (transfer case yokes) and some problems he might encounter on the way. He called me when he was done with the lift (tried to get out to him to give him a hand, couldn't, lots of work) and was thoroughly impressed with the way it came out and rode.

Don't worry Joey, Evan took it for a test drive and got on it a few times to see of everything was setup perfectly, it was.

Above being a fellow Long Island Off Road member and a friend to me, the reason I try to advertise him is for the sole fact that he's good, period.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:38 PM
JK Junkie

Welcome Viper, nice rig.

We don't wheel in Long Island (I don't). There really isn't any legal spots to wheel, REAL wheelin' anyways. PA, MA, CT, NJ, and NH for me. Part of Long Island Off Road Club. We're sanctioned and have lots of trails we're allowed to go on, some public, some private.

http://www.liorclub.org/

Dimitri
Old 12-23-2009, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, yeah I figured that, other then the beaches the places are pretty shitty anyways. I saw that, some of your stuff is really nice, looks really tough. Would like to see some other decently done JK's, instead of always seeing the Sarah Unlimited with some blonde driving it.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome Viper.

Thats funny I also get pissed when I pass another JK (unlimited) and see a mom driving it. I think the wrangler would be a really bad dd if you didn't ever plan to take it off road.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:23 PM
JK Junkie

Seth, did you end up calling Evan for the 35s?
Old 12-23-2009, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sethc84
Welcome Viper.

Thats funny I also get pissed when I pass another JK (unlimited) and see a mom driving it. I think the wrangler would be a really bad dd if you didn't ever plan to take it off road.
I agree it only gets what, 15mpg? I just wish I could find some nice JKs, since all of my friends have pieces of shits and bag on me since I'm the only one that has the nice truck.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Raf
JK Enthusiast

Welcome Viper Got a quick question for you guys. I know this comes with the territory of owning a JK but recently I noticed my windshield has a crack that started from the very top and is slowly creeping down. Now on the way home tonight I noticed another crack developing on the bottom and creeping its way up directly in my line of vision. Was wondering if anyone has had the same thing happen to them and what the hell could be causing this.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY