Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 12-19-2009, 03:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha thatd be fun, I got a couple tow straps I'm in...I've never pulled any cars out from snow where would you hook up a strap? Only pull them out if they have a trailer hitch hahah Do 2 around the front axle lol? Pray that they have tow points...?
Old 12-19-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Junkie

Most cars have a small loop on the "frame" or subframe. I've put a d-ring on a few of them before. The hoop doesn't fit, but the d-ring's pin fits.

Make them hold onto the tow strap while you pull, haha.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do it like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBkW8DSUII4

LOL
Old 12-19-2009, 05:47 PM
JK Super Freak

HAHAHA

snows really coming down now
Old 12-19-2009, 05:48 PM
JK Junkie

Saw that video a long time ago. Friggin' priceless. Bunch'o'morons pulling a tiny car ABOVE a big snow pile. Why not maneuver it to the big dry spot to the left, I have no idea...
Old 12-19-2009, 07:09 PM
JK Freak

first time pullinh anyone out of snow tonight when i was dropping my girlfriend off in farmingville. i was on nicoles rd(if anyone knows the area) and found a stuck Suffolk Sherif in a snow bank! pulled him right out! this snow rocks!
Old 12-19-2009, 08:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
first time pullinh anyone out of snow tonight when i was dropping my girlfriend off in farmingville. i was on nicoles rd(if anyone knows the area) and found a stuck Suffolk Sherif in a snow bank! pulled him right out! this snow rocks!
LOL. did u get a courtesy card out of the deal?
Old 12-19-2009, 08:26 PM
JK Freak

lol nahh, i deff should have asked for one though. woundnt it be ironic if he winds up pulling me over for something stupid in a couple of weeks for something! haha
Old 12-20-2009, 01:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a priceless story that happened tonight in queens...I went for a late night mcdonalds run, and I wanted to play in the snow too. I was on northern blvd heading up the hill towards douglaston pkwy (eastbound) and it was an absolute mess every car practically was stuck. I was just looking at em all with dollar signs in my eyes. Unfortunatly I only had a strap and no d-rings.

I tried to help some milf in a new eclass benz who was stuck I was gonna have her screw in the tow hook into the front bumper and tow her from there...but then I realized that she just needed to turn off her damn traction control. Then she was able to power out (same situation when I told about 20 other jackasses to do the same thing). Never ceases to amaze me how many knuckleheads have brand new expensive (or inexpensive ) cars and they do not know how to properly use them.

Needless to say Pretty boring as I didn't have any rings with me to hook up...SO I decided to head home taking a detour on some side rodes that were hilly. Heres the good part. I see a Super Stretch Hummer H2 with twin rear axles that got stuck trying to drive up the hill. He was stopped in the middle of the road with his hazards on calling his boss on the cell.

So my lil Stock Sahara 4dr..confidently cruised up to him i rolled down the window and asked if he would like for me to pull him up the hill..He laughed and said it's ok Im gonna have a tow truck come...besides "how is that little jeep going to tow me I'm in a 6wheel drive hummer" I laughed and said trust me pal this isn't the first hummer I've rescued and I doubt it will be the last.

I pulled in front of him dropped to 4lo. and set the parking brake. Got out strapped right up to his factory bumper d-rings gave him a thumbs up...and let her rip.

Needless to say I made it up the hill with no issues at all and even managed to earn a $50dollar tip from this clown. The reality is that I would pay $500 if I only had a picture to hang in my garage of this jeep owners utopian situation.

For the record...my rig is bone stock with the exception of some lights and 3/4" front spacers. And she's got 41,000miles on the original 18" Duelers. Haha.

Jeep FTW
Old 12-20-2009, 04:15 AM
JK Junkie

ok. I think it's time to venture out & make a few bucks. my kids are asking for half of the proceeds! LOL

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY