Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 12-16-2009, 06:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Offroadme
just letting everyone know im still alive. been crazy busy with work. once the NHL hockey season got under way i have been crazy busy hope everyone is doing well.
Wondering where you've been! Hey, ran into John Hub this summer. I didn't know he lives close to you. He was pissed we didn't invite him to the lift party. LOL He's done a lot to that diesel TJ/CJ since last I saw it!
Old 12-16-2009, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's see some pics Raf
Old 12-16-2009, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Wondering where you've been! Hey, ran into John Hub this summer. I didn't know he lives close to you. He was pissed we didn't invite him to the lift party. LOL He's done a lot to that diesel TJ/CJ since last I saw it!
adam is that diesel tj/cj white with 35s? Cause if its the one im thinking of he pulled me off the beach when i had my suburban when the 4 wheel drive died. Very nice guy huge help to me btw
Old 12-16-2009, 06:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Johns "diesel cj" is a yj/cj...not tj/cj...Its a yj body/tub with a cj nose and a 4 cyl cummins
Old 12-16-2009, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

ya thats the one i was thinking of with the cummins that thing is badass
Old 12-16-2009, 06:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Yea its a sweet set up, all led lights and everything. I met him at the bellmore car show and see him there a lot when its warm out.....1 more final 2moro then no class til Jan 20 WOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Old 12-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Raf
JK Enthusiast

Pics will be up as soon as I take some I just got back from tooling around in it locally and the articulation looked sick! Im very happy with it
Old 12-17-2009, 03:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BBirish
Yea its a sweet set up, all led lights and everything. I met him at the bellmore car show and see him there a lot when its warm out.....1 more final 2moro then no class til Jan 20 WOOOOOOOO!!!!!
same here
Old 12-17-2009, 04:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I thought wheelin was rough on my jeep but I think the city is worse. Parked my Jeep in the garage at my girlfriends... Had no issue pulling in last night but on my way out this morning I hit the top of the Hi-Lift pulling out, It bent the top mounting angle bracket (Hi-lift is good to go). I know Dimitri warned me about it getting caught on branches but I didn't expect cement beams. Funny thing is after it hitting I looked and the bracket wasn't broken. It took the the NY roads to finish the job, and snapped the bracket (saw it when I got back to Suffolk) Little did the people driving behind me know that all that was stopping that Jack from going through their windshield was a cotter pin.

Dimitri, I notice you don't run with the tailgate hinge covers. Wanna get rid of them?
Old 12-17-2009, 03:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oy! Yes, I've had my share of run ins with parking garages and low ceilings. I left my antenna off for this week's Holiday parties as I expected to need to park in a garage (got a spot on the street right in front of the affair instead - wahoo!).

Once in queens, I parked my KJ in a garage. When I was driving to my next stop in brooklyn, I heard a noise from the roof. I stopped and gave my roof rack a shake and the WHOLE THING CAME OFF IN MY HANDS! It was basically just resting up there! I looked at it and it clearly was driven into a low ceiling. So low in fact, that I see they had to back up and go another way! So there was no way they didn't know what happened. Long story short, I got a $,1700 check for damages!

Yup, the trails tend to be more forgiving at times that the streets.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY