Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 12-16-2009, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by can10
quick question...what does the X stock front bumper look like without the cutouts??

and how much u want for it?
It looks like the bumper in this pic (pic stolen from an ebay auction)

I wouldn't feel right selling it, being that people give these away for free all the time. So I'd prob just give it away. But like I said, if anyone has anything they wanna trade for it shoot me a PM! But yea if nothing, i'll just give it away for free.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:44 AM
JK Super Freak

just letting everyone know im still alive. been crazy busy with work. once the NHL hockey season got under way i have been crazy busy hope everyone is doing well.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Offroadme
just letting everyone know im still alive. been crazy busy with work. once the NHL hockey season got under way i have been crazy busy hope everyone is doing well.
fuck dude good to see your alive and well

case you havent caught up at all... I am moving to barcelona for 6-9 months for work hahaha

hey wana help me install a new lift kit again hahaha might have to wait till I get back though hahahaha
Old 12-16-2009, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dirtyjkwrangler
It looks like the bumper in this pic (pic stolen from an ebay auction)

I wouldn't feel right selling it, being that people give these away for free all the time. So I'd prob just give it away. But like I said, if anyone has anything they wanna trade for it shoot me a PM! But yea if nothing, i'll just give it away for free.
ok cool...another question...how hard would it be to make those cut outs on the bumer for the fogs and hooks?...i have sahara bumpers and i wouldnt mind getting a X bumper cuz its all black...and i also have some dents in the front bumper as well...u only have the front?...also what kind of condition is it in?
Old 12-16-2009, 12:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by can10
ok cool...another question...how hard would it be to make those cut outs on the bumer for the fogs and hooks?...i have sahara bumpers and i wouldnt mind getting a X bumper cuz its all black...and i also have some dents in the front bumper as well...u only have the front?...also what kind of condition is it in?
would prob be much easier to pull off the silver on the plastic bumper part (think its pretty easy to do)

rather then cut holes for fogs and stuff... the tow hooks is prob a 2 sec job with a razor
Old 12-16-2009, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joey2times
would prob be much easier to pull off the silver on the plastic bumper part (think its pretty easy to do)

rather then cut holes for fogs and stuff... the tow hooks is prob a 2 sec job with a razor
i didnt know it was possible to take the silver off my bumpers...hmmmm...i gotta search that....if anyone knows how let me know please...thanks!
Old 12-16-2009, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

maybe i should have searched before i posted ^^^...

looks like Joe..RACER did his...and its as simple as removing some screws that hold the silver cover to the bumper...imma have to take a look when i get home...

heres a thread about it...and a pic of before and after if anyone is interested

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...sahara+bumpers
Old 12-16-2009, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joey2times

Yea that's what I was gonna say. I don't have a sahara but from what i've heard there's just two screws or something on the back of the bumper that hold the silver part in place. Take the silver piece off... and you've got yourself a rubi bumper.

As far as the fog holes.. probably wouldn't work.. first: the bumpers with pre-cut holes have large plastic, outward-facing, grooves for the fog holes. Second.. you'd have to cut through both the plastic and the metal piece underneath the bumper plastic. It'd be much easier to just find another bumper with fog holes already in it.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dirtyjkwrangler
Yea that's what I was gonna say. I don't have a sahara but from what i've heard there's just two screws or something on the back of the bumper that hold the silver part in place. Take the silver piece off... and you've got yourself a rubi bumper.

As far as the fog holes.. probably wouldn't work.. first: the bumpers with pre-cut holes have large plastic, outward-facing, grooves for the fog holes. Second.. you'd have to cut through both the plastic and the metal piece underneath the bumper plastic. It'd be much easier to just find another bumper with fog holes already in it.
thanks anyway...and good luck with the trade
Old 12-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Raf
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the welcome's fellas. Racer I just put on a 3" BDS Lift on 35" M/T Baja MTZ's and ATX Artillery's. Just got an XHD RR front bumper as well w/ a winch mount. So once my bank account recovers from that I will eventually be putting on a winch and other things im sure.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY