Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 12-15-2009, 06:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=joey2times;1472548]
if I get one more email in ebonics asking if I want to trade stuff for a go-cart or some cubic zarconia jesus piece instead of sell it for the steal of a deal prices I have this shit listed for I am going to go bonkers...
QUOTE]
Old 12-15-2009, 06:30 PM
JK Super Freak

[QUOTE=joey2times;1472548]
if I get one more email in ebonics asking if I want to trade stuff for a go-cart or some cubic zarconia jesus piece instead of sell it for the steal of a deal prices I have this shit listed for I am going to go bonkers...
QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAH
Old 12-15-2009, 06:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by joey2times

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 12-16-2009, 04:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome Raf!

DirtyJKWrangler, I am so worried about leaving the stuff in the jeep when I finally put my soft top on in the spring. I plan to leave it unlocked so i don't get vandalized. I just bought the Smittybilt secure lock box. Its nice because it has a sleeve that bolts down and the box can be locked and locked to the sleeve or locked and carried out of the truck.

Joey, I have gotten some strange Graig's List offers as well.
Things like 10 yards of estate mulch or even a couple garbage cans and this was for a Tag Heuer watch I was trying to sell.

Happy Holiday everyone, Christmas and New Years fall out perfectly this year to make two Looooooong weekends.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raf
Ha! Not a problem Joey. For a minute I thought I was reading a Crazy Eddie's commercial.
Chris, nice to see you back

Welcome Raf!!! What are your plans for mods????
Old 12-16-2009, 04:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When I have the soft top on and down, I roll up the windows and lock the doors when I park - ya know, just to keep the honest criminals out
I figure someone might reach in to grab something easy, but that same someone may not be so inclined to climb in to the jeep in broad daylight in a crowded parking lot.
At least that's my hope!
Old 12-16-2009, 05:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My girlfriends neighborhood has those "honest criminals". They walk down the street and check to see if the doors are unlocked on vehicles. They never vandalized anything. And seem to only steal change and cigarettes from peoples vehicles. My girlfriends dad had a gps sitting on his seat, they didn't touch it but took his cigarettes.. Odd but those are the best criminals in my book..
Old 12-16-2009, 06:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by racer83l
My girlfriends neighborhood has those "honest criminals". They walk down the street and check to see if the doors are unlocked on vehicles. They never vandalized anything. And seem to only steal change and cigarettes from peoples vehicles. My girlfriends dad had a gps sitting on his seat, they didn't touch it but took his cigarettes.. Odd but those are the best criminals in my book..
Right. Best criminals. (they're probably just kids looking for cigs and cash).
Just look how many times people here complain that criminals cut the plastic rear windows INSTEAD OF UNZIPPING THEM!!!
Of course, we all know that criminals are looking to for the fastest way in/out without regard to the wake of damage they leave behind. Sometimes they even break glass on an unlocked door!

on my `68 convertible I NEVER lock the door! I take that back. I locked it once when I first got it only to learn the key I was using DIDN'T WORK IN THE DOOR! Remember coat hangers and old door locks? I was in faster than if I had the key. But more importantly, I never wanted someone to cut a $1,500 top!
Old 12-16-2009, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone in LI interested in a stock X front bumper? No tow hooks or fog cut outs. It's in great condition, no scratches or anything.

I'd consider a trade for some grab handles or something... lemme know
Old 12-16-2009, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dirtyjkwrangler
Anyone in LI interested in a stock X front bumper? No tow hooks or fog cut outs. It's in great condition, no scratches or anything.

I'd consider a trade for some grab handles or something... lemme know
quick question...what does the X stock front bumper look like without the cutouts??

and how much u want for it?

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY