Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 12-12-2009, 01:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He's off of Brook Ave and N. 3rd Ave. If you're driving on Brook Ave, you make a left (or right, depending on where you're coming from) on N. 3rd Ave. He's the 1st set of buildings on the left, you'll see a well pump company on the left side and a boat yard on the right side. He's on the right side, the boat yard side. His garage entrance is on the back of the building, away from the road and sight.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:01 AM
JK Super Freak

What's up guys its been pretty quiet in here. One week til my birthday WOOOO
Old 12-14-2009, 08:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Alright Team LI... heheh someone help !!

Due to the move to Spain for the next six or so months, I am stuck with two options....

Sell my Trailmaster 5'' full flex arm kit with Driveshafts and everything...

or have it installed and sell my Terraflex 2.5'' lift kit with TF shocks in order to pay for the install... hopefully or at least take off some of the burden...

The point being I can't be too broke before I go, but if the truck is functional and in good shape I might have my sister drive it (I know BLAHHHH) but she will pay for it while I am gone then which would be RAD... and save me 412 a month + 280 a month in insurance...
Old 12-14-2009, 08:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joey2times
Alright Team LI... heheh someone help !!

Due to the move to Spain for the next six or so months, I am stuck with two options....

Sell my Trailmaster 5'' full flex arm kit with Driveshafts and everything...

or have it installed and sell my Terraflex 2.5'' lift kit with TF shocks in order to pay for the install... hopefully or at least take off some of the burden...

The point being I can't be too broke before I go, but if the truck is functional and in good shape I might have my sister drive it (I know BLAHHHH) but she will pay for it while I am gone then which would be RAD... and save me 412 a month + 280 a month in insurance...
$280 a month in insurance!
Sell the kit, take the money and have fun in Spain. Kit didnt cost you a dime so any money received is gravy.

From what I can tell you're more than happy with the way your JK looks and drives on and off road. With that being said, why force the new kit and have to pay for it to be installed? Sell it and have money in your pocket!

Last edited by UGOTKERN; 12-14-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:37 AM
JK Super Freak

I would try to get it installed before you go and then sell the tf 2.5 but that's me. If u need $ sell it, you won't have any trouble selling it on this site lol. And I think its a good idea to let you sister drive it so you don't have to pay for it while you're in spain.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joey, the real question here is.. will your sister wheel your JK while your gone? We need more people to wheel with.

p.s.- sell the lift. enjoy the $ in spain. when you return and get back into wheeling your JK upgrade as necessary. Thats a lot of lift, more than IMO anyone needs.. its a bit high anyways
Old 12-14-2009, 04:08 PM
JK Super Freak

No I think the REAL question is how much do u want for it??
Old 12-14-2009, 04:14 PM
JK Junkie

Dec. 24th is your birthday? Nice, double the presents!

Had to paint the rear corners with primer and flat black. Looks like the AEV corners now, withtout the AEV corners, hah. Couldn't take the look of the surface rust anymore. Had to chip away at the peeling paint and primer/paint it.

Stupid ESP/BAS/TCS/ABS lights are still on since the toys for tots run 2 weekends ago. Something must have pulled at the wires and/or one of the speed sensors is out...AGAIN. For some dumb reason, if treading water/mud that submerges the speed senors, they go crazy. Aren't they supposed to be weathertight? So gay...
Old 12-14-2009, 04:33 PM
JK Super Freak

No a week from today is the 21st lol but still double the presents. I've never had my esp bas lights come on after going in mud or water. Got any pics of the painted corners? I almost want to bedline the rear part of the corner by the light and stop at the crease in the body
Old 12-14-2009, 04:40 PM
JK Junkie

For some reason I thought you said "in 10 days". New job has me working lots of hours...oh well. I didn't take pics yet, probably tomorrow. I had to pass the crease and stop on the forward side of the gas filler (like AEV). The crease opened a little and the paint chipped and body folded a little behind the gas filler as well, oops.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY