Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 06-08-2008, 06:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, quick question.... i see a bunch of people have "drilled mirrors" what is that? im new to the jeep scene so i have no idea what it means
Old 06-08-2008, 09:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in the write up section there is detailed instructions on how to do it, but basically you just take a teeny drill bit and drill a small hole at the base where the mirror attaches to the body of the jeep. The purpose is to drain water away from the body rather than down the side leaving water marks on your freshly washed jeep
Old 06-08-2008, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

So when are we going to get a Long Island meet/BBQ/wrench day going? I just met up with Rodney (yendor65) and he grabbed my factory tires, its always cool having a few jeeps together, Im free Thursday/Fridays and Saturdays and when Bald Hill gets into full swing I'll be there.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by racer83l
in the write up section there is detailed instructions on how to do it, but basically you just take a teeny drill bit and drill a small hole at the base where the mirror attaches to the body of the jeep. The purpose is to drain water away from the body rather than down the side leaving water marks on your freshly washed jeep
ahhh ok, thats a real good idea. thanks buddy. and in reply to vinny, im definately down for a BBQ/ meet-up/ wrench session. and if anyone is interested in some good ol', down home, long island blues, check out my uncles band... The Jim Kohler Band. the band web site, with music and a schedule of summer dates is: http://www.myspace.com/jimkohlerband thanks everyone!! if you check them out, let me know what you think
Old 06-12-2008, 08:15 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by vinnyv13
So when are we going to get a Long Island meet/BBQ/wrench day going? I just met up with Rodney (yendor65) and he grabbed my factory tires, its always cool having a few jeeps together, Im free Thursday/Fridays and Saturdays and when Bald Hill gets into full swing I'll be there.

Nice, I can be a regular at bald hill since I drive past it to go home every day anyways.

as far as a wrenching day goes, I have nothing to do to my JK til my sliders and wheels come in. Of course the wheels are an easy install, but the sliders Im waiting on are the Best Top Highrock Slider Steps, which no-one on this site has yet... and I have no idea how the install is going to be.

and for the BBQ, Im down for any evening.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:28 PM
JK Junkie

well, I always wanted new wheels and tires... but after seeing the pictures of Vinny's rig with his wheels and tires I just couldnt resist..

I pulled the trigger today on a set of 5, 33x12.5x15 BFGoodrich All Terrain A/T's mounted on Cragar Soft 8's, 15 x 8 with 4" backspacing. Might take as long as 3 weeks for them to come in because DTD does not have the wheels in stock.. The wait begins.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:40 PM
JK Junkie

Im going to post a FOR TRADE on here also because Id like a local guy to get them...

5 Rubicon wheels/tires for trade for 5 18" sahara wheels/tires

I had this posted a while back, but decided not to do it, well now its for real.

I have 5 Rubicon wheels and tires with approximately 12,000 miles on them. They are from model year 2008 and include TPMS sensors.

They tires have no leaks and have never been plugged/patched.

The wheels do have few scratches on them but still look great, not bent anywhere and never touched a curb.. the scratches were caused off-roading but I dont not know what they actually came in contact with. the scratches are light and pictures are available at request. They are well balanced and ride smooth.

I would like to trade them for 5- 2008 18" Sahara wheels and tires that have TPMS sensors installed. Tires and wheels do not have to be in perfect condition, just not too beat up. and im not looking for any money.

IF I cannot find someone with TPMS sensors, I am willing to trade for non TPMS wheels, but whomever makes the trade must pay for having the sensors swapped from these wheels to the 18" wheels.

This deal is available right now. I am willing to meet a short distance to make the swap.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome, good choice on the wheels and tires!

Any reason you went with the 15inch wheels instead of 16? You do get more width with the 33x12.5x15s as my 16inch are only 11.5 inches wide.

If you want to see mine in person to get a better idea, goto the Best Buy in Bay Shore Sunday - Wednesday 10am-5pm its always in the parking lot while I'm on the road.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:52 PM
JK Junkie

there were 2 reasons I chose 15's. 1st, the tires are cheaper on 15" wheels. And second, the tires are C load rated instead of D. So they should ride a little closer to stock.
The negative part, more than likely I am going to have to grind some metal off of my front calipers to fit them.
I will probably drive by n take a look at yours 1 day b4 my wheels show up.
talk to you later
Old 06-17-2008, 05:53 AM
JK Junkie

welcome Matt... Let the mods begin!!!

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY